GE Money Bank - GE capital Retail Bank has bad customer service

It is very difficult to get through GE capital retail Bank's phone system to talk to a live person.Customer Service personnel has bad attitude which is very disappointed.

I had set up multi-payment online and their system screwed up in the middle of the 6 month period by stopping the transaction from my bank. I didn't know this issue until I received GE email notice.

When I called GE customer server explained their online payment system error caused no payment on that month and I shouldn't be charged late fee, but they didn't refund the late fee had been applied to my account.Based on My experience with GE capital retail Bank, I will not do any business with this bank in the future.

d5baa94 review #278719
3 Helpful? 4
Had the same issue0 Comments14 Report
Had an experience with GE Money Bank?  Submit review about this company
callmesassy25

Nov 30, 2012

GE FINANCIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE RUDE :( !!! I called them twice to discuss my bill payments and let them know in advance that I lost my job and will be unable to pay the full amount. The customer service rep I spoke to claimed that there is nothing they can do because my bill was up to date so far. Therefore, I would have to wait until I miss two payments before my account is reported to the COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT then they will help me. What kind of MALARKEY is that. They want me to mess up my credit then help me. GE FINANCIAL really needs to come up with an alternative solution. :(

Nov 16, 2012

I never want to do business with GE capital retail bank ever again they are rude, they dont care. My bill was one day late between the late fees and interest i ended up with a 104 bill. they need to send there customer service rep back thru some training learn how to talk to people. Nobody could give me a reason why they put so much interest. They will not work with you at all. Attn: GE capital retail bank ya'll have so many negative comments anf they are all saying the same thing. So this should tell you as a company they you are not doing right. So that sad 104 dollars that ya'll thieves scammed me out of, send your customer service rep back thru training. Everything about this company sucks!

Lawrence B Coshnear

Aug 14, 2012

GE Capital Retail Bank wrongly charged me
$886.06 interest for an alleged expiration
of my promotional finance plabn when I made all payments on time and paid the full amount
within a year as required.

Marie

Jul 24, 2012

Similar problem with Indian witches who can't speak English & are 100% worthless to customers! I called 3 different numbers & the last Indian, while more understandable transferred me to "customer service" which was a recording saying that the number had been disconnected. There is so much more, but please everyone, contact Wal-Mart headquarters and ask that they stop doing business with Green Dot & this awful bank!

May 25, 2012

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 052512_pc_DJones**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

Valorie

Feb 20, 2013 Columbia, South Carolina

When you say that GE Capital Retail Bank cares, that's really hard to believe. I say this because when tried to make a payment to another credit card account, it did not go through. I found out "2 WEEKS" later that due to an invalid account number my payment was not accepted. Today while trying to correct this situation, I found out that at the time when I was given my Route and account number, that the customer service representative misled me. She told me that I could use the route and account number to make bill payments online and also to deposit money into my account. Although the direct deposit went through, the online bill payment did not. So now not only do I owe for last months payment and late fees, but I will also have to make another payment to reactivate my card. All of this could have been avoided if I was given the correct information from the beginning. I also wanted to add that you also have advertised on your website bill payments for alot of different companies. If this is not a service that you offfer then I suggest that you remove this from your website. This is not a personal attack in anyway, it is the "TRUTH". Thanks for wasting my time and MONEY.

David W. Jones

May 25, 2012

TRY TO PAY OFF ACCOUNT THEY SAY IT WASN'T RECEIVED; YET ALL THE REST WERE AND ON TIME!!!!

a typical business fraud

Dec 16, 2011

It seem like a typical business fraud,is it not? You should reserve the right to lodge a claim for loss. :(

Dec 13, 2011

Jenny - I'm sorry that you experienced problems when contacting us for support. I'd like to help.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 121311_pcJenny

jenny

Dec 11, 2011

i had to same exact problems. i tried contacting them twice in a row, because i can barely understand what the Indian representative was saying to me. I couldnt understand why they were charging me with interest before my promotional period end. Now that the promotion period ended, they slapped me 1,300 on top of everything i paid and left me with negative credit. when i try to discuss with them. He told me he cant help me rudely and ask if i need any other help and hung up. He talked to me like im retarded and throwing me attitude, cause i couldnt understand him. I felt so disrespected. This makes me want to end my account and never do business with them.

Jen

Dec 10, 2011

I totally agree with you with the bad customer service. I had called them twice in a row hoping they can help me with my expired account.. Instead i get thrown with attitude left and right by some Indians representative and i could barely understand him especially with "Ma'am" rudely.. They talk to me like im retarded, cause i dont understand what they're saying. It makes dont even want to continue my account with them ..Im so disappointed with their service.

Dec 09, 2011

pmpatterson - We'd like to research your account and make sure we made the corrections you requested. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 120911_pcpmpatterson

pmpatterson

Dec 06, 2011

I just had the exact same experience. I tried to set up my first payment through my bank and it was returned by G E capital. I tried to call the customer service line and got someone in India, and could not understand what they were saying. he said it was the banks fault nd that the bank must have the wrong ac count number. He did not check anything nor ask me what acct number they used. It was ridicxulous. I think I will pay this bal off and not do business with GE gai. I have recently bought a TV and a computer using GE Capital but i think this is my last purchase on this card!

Dec 05, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 120511_pcAnon

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.