GE Money Bank - GE MONEY - CARE CREDIT CARD

Sep 10, 2008
review #134806

I made 3 payments in one month to pay off my account.My statement showed no payment was due when it came in.

I had a tragedy happen in my life that month and did not make a payment. I knew I had a 30.00 balance on my account and would pay it off the next month. I went to go make my payment and they had charged me a 28.00 late payment fee. I contacted the company and they say they do not allow pre- payments.

Care Credit Card is not a bargin and I recommend for people to go without than to deal with these scam artist.

a9eed78
Had an experience with GE Money Bank?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
nina johnson

Jun 14, 2012

logging on is a virtual pain, truly frustrating, finding the website is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Kathy

May 27, 2012

:( GE Money's online payment process is the absolute pits! I am thorouly disguised with this company!!! It's nothing but a hassle to try to make a payment online and/or on the phone and keep them honest. They make it sound like they're doing you a favor by not charging a late fee when in fact, they should be paying me for all the trouble they cause.

There's absolutely no reason that you should have enter in all of the profile information every single time you log-in!!! It's ludicrous!!!

Geraldine Morgan

May 10, 2012

I have had nothing but success with GE Money. I charge all my dentist and vet bills with them. I pay on time and have had no problems. I pay amount off before promotion due date and never have paid a late fee or interest.

DENNIS HANSEN

Apr 09, 2012

I try to pay on line, this is the wrost site to pay I have ever seen. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you would me at dchansen63@q.com, REALY A CODE YOU TELL YOU HOW BAD YOUR SITE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert vincent

Apr 03, 2012

I been trying to login to my acc.My computer had to be fix i lost all the information could you please send me the use name and password.

Liane

Feb 19, 2012

I paid 1 day after the due date due to scheduling of my pay periods, and they charged me $28. I also paid ahead of the due date once, and they charged me $28 for not paying by the due date.

Carolyn, the person DID pay the monthly charge, they prepaid, same as I did. And they still charged a late fee. According to them (buried somewhere in the legalese), if you pay extra one month, it does not go towards the next payment, it *** from the end of the loan.

Hicham M

Dec 05, 2011

I have always paid my bills as soon as I receive them and have a great credit score. My APR went from 14% to 26.99%. I still kept paying on time until one day I opened my bill and it had $477 in interest...
The worst card ever. I transfered my balance right away to discover.

SO

Nov 12, 2011

I paid all my payments online on the due date listed on my bill. I did not find out until 2 years later, after interests rates of 29.99 were charged to, that they were recording all my payments late because even though I paid it online, they did not get the money until the next day from my bank. The girl on the phone said I made no payments directly to GE online, I said "Oh yes I did, I have copies for my taxes for itemizing to show it." This company is crooked in my opinion. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH GE MONEY! I am complaining to my dentist and the main corporate office of the dental group that my dentist works for.

sally

Nov 08, 2011

I made my payment online,before the due date call to make sure it was processed cause I had a previous exp with them where after receiving confirmation it was not posted and of course late fee was added, anyway the Rep say it was posted, only to receive a letter two weeks later saying my bill was not payed and again another late fee was added I called and told them they better take that late fee of right now, otherwise they will hear from y lawyers, I swear they are real crooks.

Blowing steam

Nov 02, 2011

First, a comment to Amy B on Aug 21, 2011 - Some of us AMERICANS do pay our bill on time!! AND STILL GET SCREWED!! In fact, I received my statment in the mail and paid it the same day and that was too early. When I told customer service that i received the bill and then paid, she told me, "oh, we're sorry but you can't pay the bill early." I told her it's not early because you sent me the statement first. Nope, that is considered early. So even when some Americans try to pay their bill, they are still charged a fee. On another occasion when my bill is due on the 6th of the month, I paid it on the 7th YES I KNOW THAT WAS LATE AND I FULLY ADMIT IT AND FEEL THAT I SHOULD PAY THE LATE FEE!!!! I paid the amount due, plus the late fee, plus additional. I was charged an extra interest rate on the late fee. Almost twice the amount of the late fee. Again I admit it was late but to be charged a higher interest rate on just the late fee! Really. They really are crooks and I can't wait for the day I can pay that card off. :( :( :(

darrell

Oct 04, 2011

note to Amy B. comment above: I ALWAYS pay my monthly statement on time and so that was not an issue with me. in spite of paying ON TIME, they STILL screwed me royally!

darrell

Oct 04, 2011

i have soooo many horror stories to tell about GE Money Bank, it would scare you to death....so I won't tell them, 'cause I don't want anyone to die. just to say there are so crooked! avoid them at all costs!!

Jo A Cannon

Sep 18, 2011

I do not want any more phone calls.
325-247-3904

rahul agarwal

Sep 16, 2011

i wish to contact the person who can give me the credit infomation about my card
contact ; rahul.pushpanjali1979@gmail.com

RAHUL AGARWAL

Sep 16, 2011

i want to contact the relating person to know my credit information :cry

Richard Thompson

Sep 08, 2011

I used this card for three to four years and loved it! Today 9/8/11 I went to my dentist office, where I was first introduced to the card, to get my teeth cleaned. When I went to pay, I said put it on my Care Credit Card. They informed me that there was a fee now associated with the card. I asked how much. The young lady got on the phone and called them up and asked them how much the fee was. For a 115.00 service, the fee would be 80.00 to use the Care Credit card. I asked for a pair of scissors and cut the card in half right there. Who's BONEHEAD idea was it to do this to what was a great program for the working class people who do not have dental insurance? :(

LT

Aug 27, 2011

I just got hit with that "early payment" fee of $25 too, I had no clue! I paid the amount on the closing date of the old bill...the new amount was showing on the online statement. This was a programming error on the fault of GE.

I tried to call the three contact numbers (two different ones on their credit card website and the one on the back of their card), and when you finally get to press the one to speak to someone, it says that the number is disconnected?????

What a scam!

Amy B

Aug 21, 2011

Best card ever. I had paid my first payment before I was suppossed to. I called customer service, was not charged to speak to a "human", and he reapplied the payment to my first month payment. No interest has been charged because I paid in the stated time. I was allowed 12 months no interest. Ge Money is not screwing any Americans except the ones that do NOT pay their bills on time. I hate Americans who say they are being screwed because they are lazy and do not know how to pay a bill on time. It is YOUR fault, not Ge Money's. Grow up and be a better adult! :zzz :zzz :grin :) :p ;)

1-20 of 76 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about GE Money Bank.
Filing a new complaint about
×