GE Money Bank incompetence

I've been a CareCredit account holder for about 4 years now. I've been rather pleased with them, that is up until about a month ago when I received both a voicemail and email message urgently requesting that I contact them. Upon doing so, I learned that my monthly statement had been returned to them. It turned out that an extra digit had been mysteriously added to my street address number. This has never happened to me before with ANY charge account. I immediately sent them a payment, thinking this would take care of the matter until I received my next monthly statement. Well, not quite. Had to pay for vet services last weekend. Tried to use my CareCredit card. Wouldn't go through. My online statement said I still had a substantial remaining balance. Yet the automated phone system said I had $0. I called customer service and was told that I was delinquent. I informed her that I had a payment scheduled to be sent 4 days later, to which she said that everything would be restored to normal upon the posting of that payment. In the meantime, I was getting at least 3-4 calls per day from their call center in India telling me that I'm late and to pay up. Most of the time whenever I answered there was nobody at the other end. My signficant other had the "pleasure" of actually talking to one of these people and trying to explain the situation. Sheeesh. How one little error can lead to a bunch of aggravation. Just passing this along to let you know.

- Reference code DM 040411_CC

Irvine, California

Cut my card off when someone else stole my s.s.n. and i had a police report..

I am a single mom of three kids. i have to file my taxes but i dont have a bank, so i went to wal-mart to buy a money card that is banked from GE money bank.. when i got home i activated my card. well when i went to use my card the same day it was declined!!! i was like what i just out 100.00 dollars on it the get my son so medicine.. So when i got back home i called the number on the back of the card, talked to a rep. and she had told me that i had another card open with the same s.s.n. i told her that i couldnt have cause the one i was holding was my every first one... I hung up with her called the police made a police report; then called her back with the report number.. then she proceeded to tell me that both cards would be cut off and i couldnt purchase another one ever again. This is all after i filed my taxes and put them on direct deposit to this card for April 5th, keep in mind that they are cutting my card off April 1st. Why are they punishing me for something someone else did.. now i dont have an money to feed my kids, buy them clothes, or even get a little car so i can get around to my job and to the doctors for my disabled mother i take care of.... it just isnt fair.......

I am with GE and sorry to read you are having difficulty with the card. If possible, please send your phone number to creditcardhelp@***.com so I can have a specialist reach out to you directly to see if we can offer assistance. Please do not post your phone or an account number on line.

Thanks,

RCF Communications

Get a checking account.

View more comments (1)
Stone Mountain, Georgia

Screwed me over

thank you you cleaned out my checking account which was my house and electric payment. It's hard enough trying to get by check by check know I'm behind on house and have an Electric disconnect. I spoke to a staff member there and they said I would need to pay, file bankrupt, or die and they would prefer not bankruptcy Thank you for making hard times harder not that you care. there are a lot of people struggling in this country with lost jobs lowered income and medical issues and you just keep gouging and pouring salt in the wound
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Loss

I have paid the min payment for mounths

hi my name is rob and i had to have dntal work done on my teeth and my denist told me to due this and in a year or so you would pay it off well i guess not becouse i have paid the bill on line and the min payment and yet they still call me to tell me if i pay more then i can get lower intrsted rated which was a lie to me ........ and when i ask if i could speak ith somone about the hardship program they told me i dont need that ..and i said yes i do becouse a roof over my kids more inportant then send more money then i can afford this person glary didnt speak well with me and i tryed to ask quistions just to be told to call back in the am .... so what is up with them calling me and then telling me to call back this carecredit is *** money hurgy .. then need to try being in our shoes for once

NO! Deadbeat *** like you should quit thinking you should get everything for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:upset :upset :upset :upset :cry :cry :? :?

Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

They cancelled credit cards in good standing.

One by one GE Money Bank has cancelled credit cards I had in good standing. Payments were never missed or overdue. Balances were paid off each month. Why is this company allowed to do business? I want a list of all businesses with whom they are associated. How do I get such a list? As far as I'm concerned the woman who runs this company is a real self-centered "w"itch. I refuse to do business with anyone who is connected with GE Money Bank. There should be a consumer advocate group complaint filed against them. Where did they come from ? Don,t businesses have a another service to choose from or is GE $ Bank a monopoly?

The same exact thing happened to me! Their reason was because they chose to make a "business decision because they didn't like the way I was using my cards", mind you EACH AND EVERY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PAID ON TIME AND AS AGREED!

Who the *** does that?

I had 4 cards with GE all paid on time, and they review my account and tell me BS like that? I'm so upset that its crazy

The same thing happened to me .The closed my account and reported to the Credit agency that I was two months behind .I have bank statements showing I paid every month. Now I have to go through he hassle of proving them wrong to get it off my credit.

I don't understand how and why a company would punish good payers.

They have poor record keeping. I will have them paid off in two weeks and I can't wait to never see them again !!

GE money closed my account also which was in good standing...they suck!

Apparently GE Money Bank is in the business of going out of business. Why would they cancel accounts in good standing?

Sounds like you're not giving us the whole story. Run back home and tell mommy now.

View more comments (3)
Los Angeles, California

Stole Money!

So to make a long story short i opened an with account with them to pay off my lasik which is about $3,000 i know i know i should have gone to mex lol neway i made the huge mistake to sign up for auto pay online payments which means they know my account # and take a payment that i authorize monthhly which in my case was 130/month which is more than the min payment and ive never been late and i alwyas pay more than what i have to when i have the money, WELLL over the weekend mind u on a friday afternoon they took out $1,130 and a few hours after that they took out $1,030 by the time i noticed banks were already closed to stop the payment from processign it and GE closes headquarters at 5 so i couldnt talk to anybody about it till sat am with my bank where they said i can dispute it and my bank will fight for my money but im not sure how that will turm out, but the point is i only authorized for them to take out $130!!! not 2 grand from my account which left me with $40 in my account!! mind u im a college student that money was my scholarship money and not theirs to take, yes i have the balance with them and they cleared it but the agreement was to pay monthly and for them to take advantage at the fact that they have my bank info... who gives them the right seriuosly?? btw i get notifications emails and i only got one from the first 1 grand they took...neway this morning i gave them a call and she says that I made that payment online I KNOW THAT I DID NOT make those payments why would i leave myself broke?!! so then she says i have to fax over a statement and a bunch of other *** and im sure it will take time that i dont have... so i told her if it was so easy for them to take it it should be as easy to give it back and who uses fax machines now??!! I also googled the company and there are so many complaints that i wish i had known about before : / but now i need help as to what to do now and pronto im taking 5 classes and i dont have time to be giventhe run around with GE! im not sure if this is enough to file a complaint and if yes with who?? i just hope that word gets out there about how deceitful this company is!! "and i hope they change their name to DONT CARE CREDIT (because they dont care about anybody but themselves"!! ) P.S. Sorry for gramatical errors im just too angry to care.

ive done exactly what you said i sent a dispute with my bank and i have my money i also created a new account and will be closing my old one...during that time when i called ge they said "mam i assure no payments will be proccessed" but they were still were being processed!! ive talked to so many of them i sick and tired of hearing about them, they go in circles telling yoiu the same thing!! neway i got charged overdraft fees because i had taken out my money from the old account so they wouldnt be automatically withdrawing...

but i also contacted better business beareu (BBB) i just sent an email a few weeks ago and then ge responded by "we have other methods of payment if that makes you happy"!! i cant believe them!! so now i will be making payments by mail old fashion way and i hope they dont do anythuing sneaky by charging interest which is what i mentioned when i responded to BBB. I really hope it gets fixed and good luck to you too. my advice for now i guess is to also contact BBB. and yea close ur old account completley.

oh and as of now im just waiting on bbb to reply about what i said to just go back to mailing payments and for them not to do anything sneaky ...cuz they are famous for that.

keep me updated on ur situation thanks

Hi Mel1126,

I also recently opened up an account with care carecredit this month for an emergency dental procedure. I paid my first installment before the due date but they said that I paid late, charged me exorbitant late fees on my account this morning and then extracted the money from my personal bank account even though I didn't authorize that charge. I'm also a full-time student and am completely lost on what to do. Our incidents seem similar and close together and so I was hoping we talk about how to handle this and get our money back. In the meantime if you haven't already, dispute the charge with your bank. That's what I did, and they are refunding me the money that was taken out illegally. Also you might need to completely close your bank account and open up a new one so "don't care credit" doesn't have access. Please let me know if we can team up to resolve our complaints or if you have already resolved it, could you please give me advice, this has turned into a nightmare. I can't believe a company is getting away with this!

Thanks and good luck.

Amy

View more comments (1)
San Antonio, Texas

Lenscrafters GE Money is a rip off and a fraud

I purchase glasses from Lenscrafters every year through my medical spending account. Last year I had six months same as cash no payments due and paid it off with no problems. This year, I bought glasses in December - never received a bill or statement - then got a call on Sunday from a non Enligh speaking person indicating (from what I could understand) that my bill was late. I go on line to find that they have now charged me $35.00 late fee on minimum due of $23.00 (not at all what they advertised when I bought the glasses) I will never go back to Lenscrafters again or ever use GE Money. I am an attorney, and they have not heard that last from me. Ticked off in Baltimore, Maryland.!!

I BEEN CUSTOMER OF LENSCRAFTERS FROM YEARS AND I BEEN USED GE MONEY CREDIT CARD AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ALWAYS PAY NO INTEREST FOR SIX MONTHS AS THEY PROMISED.

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AND THE EMPLOYEES THEY ARE ALWAYS FRIENDLY READY TO HELP ME.

I have just had the worst screwing of my life...by GE Care Credit! They are thieves and liars.

please, anyone, let me know if there is a class action lawsuit against them...I'm in! :(

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.We'd like to assist. Please email me at gemoneycares@***.com with the following information: -The full name associated with the account -Mailing address associated with the account -Your contact phone number -Reference code DM051611LC For your security, please do not include your account number in your email Regards, Nicole GE Money

GIVE IT A REST LIERS!

I had the same exact incident. GEMB is ruthless with assessing fees without any notification.

I purchased glasses and thought I would be paying my first bill within 30 days, but they charged me a late fee for not paying before their due date, which was about two weeks after I purchased! I'm furious!

Cary, North Carolina

GE Money Bank

I had eye surgery in the fall of 2009. It was recommended by by the eye surgeons billing office that I finance the surgery with GEMB. I was told there would be no interest for the first year. It was never disclosed about the full amount of interest would be tacked on for any unpaid balance. I would never have fell victim to this type of scam. I financed $4000. I paid well over $1000 within the first year. After the year was up I received a statement from GEMB for $1000 in interest fees. They are charging interest for the entire amount that was originally financed, not the balance owed. I have complained to both the surgeons office and to GEMB with no results!

What ever you do DO NOT have any dealings with SYNCHRONY BANK that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed there name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank.

You can go to Rip-Off Report #114**** where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capitla Retail Bank which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3 minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes. It is a video with the comments made along with very important information on why they put your account “Overdue” days before it is actually due & then charge you late fees amongst other things.

You can also do this on your cell phone there are no stops in the video when watched on your cell phone.

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@***.com with the following information:- The full name associated with the account- Mailing address associated with the account- Your contact phone number- Reference code DM 030911_ccbFor your security, please do not include your account number in your email.Regards,NicoleGE Money

@Nicole Kgs

GIVE IT A REST YOU LIERS!

I wasn't made aware that I would have to pay a $1000 dollars of interest after one year. If they would have told me that I would never have used this card.

@PissedConsumer257384

You agreed to pay the accrued interest if the bill was not paid within one year. Read what you signed. No scam.

View more comments (5)
Ruston, Louisiana

GEMoneybank does not follow the law

have a credit card account with WalMart that was converted from a Montgomery Ward account when they (Montgomery Ward) went out of business in 2001. In March of 2009 I moved from one city to another and notified all of my creditors (inluding WalMart) of my new address and account information. Everyone (except WalMart) changed my account information. Since I pay all of my bills on-line I continued to pay Walmart on-line at their company website (although I did not receive any additional billing statements). In September of 2010 I received a letter from GEMONEYBANK stating that they did not have a viable E-Mail address and were therefore going to start sending my billing statements via snail mail. This caused me to take a second look at my WalMart account whereby I found that they had increased my interest rate twice in the presceding year without notifying me (a clear violation of the credit reform act of 2009). After numerous mailings and phone calls (without result) I eventually filed a complaint with the OTS (Office of Thrift Supervision). They eventually (after being late and stating that they had sent it to me) sent me an ambiguous form letter defending GEMONEYBANK and stating that they would lower my current interest rate (they did not) and close my acount (which I did not want). It appears that the OTS did nothing more than send my letter to GEMONEYBANK and then endorse GEMONEYBANKS response without any review of the supporting information (or a clearer look at the current law as it was written). I know I am only a small account holder - but aren't they (the OTS) supposed to uphold the law? I have a substantial amount of documentation (including letters fron GEMONEYBANK) that indicate they did not follow the law as it was rewritten in 2009). Why is it so hard to get our Federal Government and these large corporations to do what they are supposed to do?

What ever you do DO NOT have any dealings with SYNCHRONY BANK that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed their name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank.

You can go to Rip-Off Report #114**** where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank, which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3-minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes. It is a video with the comments made along with very important information on why they put your account “Overdue” days before it is actually due & then charge you late fees amongst other things.

Phoenix, Arizona

Art van furniture

Ge money has call me Linda Dixon about my art van furniture account repeatedly all day long for the last 3 day. You are not to call me ever again about this account. So what it was late, I am charged a $25 late fee for that. So you are not going to charge me a late fee and harass me too.If you call ever again I will be filing harassment charges. The law says if I ask you not to call you can't. I will be keeping my phone bill as proof. Now leave me a lone.

I wish to pay my monthly bill but unable to log in in spite of the fact that I am logging in with the correct emailaddressa and the password.

Therefore, email me on my address immediately - rajinder768@***.com

@PissedConsumer367415

Get away from these CROOKS

Linda,

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@***.com with your phone number so we can remove it from our dialer.

@Nicole Kgs

HI LITTLE MAN AT THE TYPEWRITER AND NICOLE INSTEAD OF MY USUAL STATEMENTS TO YOU LIKE "Give it a rest you liers"

You can see all that you represent on You Tube on the link below if not just put in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal look for the Green Snakes!

Roseville, Michigan

Gemb Carecredit Worst Bank Ever!!!

In November of 2010 I opened an account with Carecredit through GE Money bank. I've had nothing but problems since. I made one purchase at my eye doctor with the card for 130 dollars. I paid the amount in full by the due date. GE Money claims they never received my payment. They then added a late fee onto the next statement. I paid this also even though I shouldn't have had too. GEMB is still claiming I never paid them and has not sent me a statement for the past two months, but reported I was 30 and 60 days late to all of the credit bureaus. I contacted the Office of Thrift Supervision a few days ago, and am waiting for them to process my complaints against this horrible company. I will definitely be closing my account after OTS investigates my complaints. Never do business with this company!!!

My son had the same problem - extensive dental surgery, etc. and the bills arrived and he paid on time.

Then the bills stopped coming - he called and they said they would continue sending. They never came. In the meantime, he called a few more times and asked for his balance. They told him it was zero ($0000).

Now they have put him in collection and a horrible person keeps calling him. She claims there are no records of his calling them. We just don't know what to do.

He had planned to pay it off in full -original amount $10,000 - payments brought it down to $8,000 now it is $20,000. What is the problem with these people!!!

@Diane G Zko

- Reference code DM 030311_ccw

GIVE IT A REST LIERS!

Norman, Oklahoma
Loss

GE Money raised my payments without notification

I have been a customer of GE Money bank for several years with three separate accounts. I have never been late or over limit. I just received my statements and noticed a substantial increase in my minimum payments with no notification. I called and spoke to someone in India who claimed they sent me a notification. When I asked her when it was sent she started stumbling her words and couldn't provide a date. She then said they received a notification of rate increase on the 14th of Feb. Now my understanding of the new credit laws is that no change can be made to an account without 45days prior notice to the consumer. These statements were dated 2/16 and 2/19. When I pointed out to her this discrepency..no comment. These people need to be stopped. Maybe we all need to get together and file a class action suit or something, but one way or another, they're scammers and shouldn't be allowed to continue.

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@***.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 030311_pc

PLEASE STOP IT!

View more comments (2)
Seattle, Washington

Credit has no face

The thing i hate the maost is people think its personal but its not its business. your late on a bill, you miss your promo dead line you pay the intrest or late fees, its that simple. people think there intitled to some kind of help and call to demand we fix it no matter what the problem is. ( and GE is to assume every one tells the truth. Credit is like taxs nothing changes and you still owe every month, credit dosent stop for life. I just say be glad there not the mob cause they would break your legs if you didnt pay, YOR ALL CRYBABYS

:grin HAHAHA i love this. and i absolutely agree.

BE INFORMED AND READ YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Its really not hard

Dayton, Ohio

These guys actually filed a court case against me..

Wow, These people are such scumbags..I had gotten a credit card from PC Richards ( big mistake, yes, I know). I was paying the card on time and all was well, I lost my job, and I missed a payment or two. I called to let them know that I had become unemployed and to see if they had some sort of a payment plan option. I was no, they did not, and that they could only waive one fee a year, and I had already received on e waiver. HUH????? I called several times, spoke to several different people, managers, supervisors, even tried to contact their corporate headquarters. I received a letter from a legal agency telling me that I was being sued and to check the records for my county courthouse. I did, and yep- these people had the nerve to actually file a civil court case. Most of that amount are all of the fees that they tacked on, and believe me- they will hear me loud and clear.

Oh Nicole- where was someone to assist me before this happened?? You guys will pay dearly, believe me- and I will never deal with your organization again.

I hope you guys go bankrupt, but no chance of that, I'm sure- too much ripping off of innocent people. Disgusting.

@PissedConsumer256022

- Reference code DM 021711_pcr

@PissedConsumer249999

AGAIN NICOLE?

Oh, I forgot to say that I have 30 days to file an answer, and I am asking for some sort of retribution. I don't know what yet, but this is the last thing I need with unemployment.

View more comments (5)
New York, New York

LOAN PAID OFF BUT 3 YEARS LATER, STILL NO TITLE

In 2006, I went down to the local Honda motorcycle dealership and purchased two Honda 400cc ATV's. In April of 2008, I paid the loan off which was through GE Money Bank. I have yet to receive the Title on both vehicles. I finally was able to track down the Customer Service number for GE Money Bank (877-317-****) and called them today...16 Feb 2011. I spoke with "Mr. Kevin Smith," who advised that this was his business name...it was obvious that this was not his true birth name but this was not the point. The point being that he said the Title had been sent on 10-10-2008 which I never received. Now I am waiting...again. I recommend that any financial institution anyone uses to obtain an auto loan, stay away from GE Money Bank. Absolutely the worst customer service!!
#1198908

I am having the same issue. Did you finally get the title? If so, how were you able to do so?

I have/had two loans with this company. My first was for a Yamaha Kokiak 400 (quad).

I paid it off and still have not recieved the title. They said the same thing. We sent it out! No they didn't send it or else I would have it.

No I am nearing the end of my second loan with them for my piano. Can't wait to see if I ever get that title.

@PissedConsumer393944

View more comments (3)
ID
#222059 Review #222059 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pacifica, California