GE Money Bank and Care Credit screwed me

I will post this everywhere I can continually until this is changed. already posted several places today. I will be filing with BBB as well. I used this Care Credit account for a couple years. They were always happy to increase my limit when i needed it. I hit hard times and had to relocate. I missed three months of payments getting back on my feet and they increased my interest to 29.99%. I was told that if I made six months of payments on time that they would lower my payment. They never did and after speaking to them they are not interested in lowering my account interest, they canceled my account and said basically your screwed by us. This place is out to jack people around to rape them of their money once in the door. DO NOT USE THIS BANK NOR WOULD I USE CARE CREDIT WHO FINANCES THRU GE MONEY BANK!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE "BBB" companies pay The Better Business Bureau for the high ratings of AAA etc. I don't know why they are allowed to waste people's time.

If you want to read this for yourself just go to any search engine & put in BBB complaints etc. & you will see what I'm talking about.

You can go to Rip-Off Report #114**** where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank, which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3-minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes. It is a video with the comments made along with very important information on why they put your account “Overdue” days before it is actually due & then charge you late fees amongst other things.

You can also do this on your cell phone there are no stops in the video when watched on your cell phone.

GE finacing of any kind is bad, they screwed myself and someone I know. The will even try and take money from your account after your loan is fully paid off. GE (General Electric) finacing should never be used and all Gemeral Electric products should be boycotted.

@PissedConsumer651566

You missed 3 months of payments and it is their fault?

You missed 3 PAYMENTS?!!?? Why should they loan you more?

If my sister didn't pay me 3 months in a row I'd feel pretty certain she was never going to. Why should they feel sorry for you again?

View more comments (4)
Shenandoah, Pennsylvania
Loss

Send my bill late and charge extra fees.

I am so sick of getting my bills late and only having 12 to 15 days to pay a bill. The billing cycle is supposed to be 31 days and I get a bill on the 9th or 11th and see the bill due on the 23rd or 25th. Is that 31 days? I don't think so! My bill has gone up over $200.00 in 6 months because of the $35.00 late fees. This company is B.S. and I am ready to quit paying my bill put a comment on my credit report and see if they have the balls to come after me. I doubt it they are a scam and should be forced out of business.

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@***.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 040411

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Money

@PissedConsumer269428

Hi Nicole where is your little cartoon man at the typewriter?

THE FACTS ARE THAT IF GE MONEY, GE CAPITAL RETAIL MONEY BANK, GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK WHO ARE NOW SYNCHRONY BANK really, really cared it would not continue to happen!

Yet it continues that is why you change your name so many times.

You are by far the most Totally EVIL corporations that exists in this day & age.

Go visit your friends on You Tube "The Green Snakes"

LOL actually that is perfectly legal and plenty of time to pay your bill. IF you actually paid enough attention to it to keep it paid.

The federal law says bills have to be mailed out with in 23 days of your due date or more. GEMB mails with 25 days left. so that in theory gives you 7 days to receive, 7 days for it to sit on a table ignored, and 7 days to mail it.

two weeks or more isnt enough time to pay your bill? thats hilarious.

@PissedConsumer269194

Hi, you need to go to Rip-Off Report & see what the Employee at GE Report number #114**** stated. What you state & what they state are two different things. Now the Postal Inspector is involved.

View more comments (4)
ID
#219716 Review #219716 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Aurora, Colorado

G.E. money bank ripoff

Please DO NOT have anything to do with Care Credit or G.E. money bank-- Got a 870.00 loan have been paying over my payment amount-never missed a payment - never late for 29 months my bal. is 830.00. Called customer service 3 times they can't speak english well enough to even understand what I am talking about.I would like to join any lawsuit towards this company!!!!!!! I have 4 other credit cards and never missed a payment or been late. While my credit is not perfect it is not bad. This place is worse then title loans!!

Springfield, Oregon
Ge Money Bank Loan

No online Bill pay

G E Money Bank does not offer online bill pay. This is 2011! Are you serious? The world is operating on a computer these days. With every statement, you request an email address from me. Not once have you suggested that I pay online. It would be great to be able to pay bills on time along with the rest of the world rather than go back to 1955 when the only way to communicate was through Western Union, and pay more than 10% of my payment for a money order fee. Get with the modern age of technology. When you have a solution, Please let me know. Waiting for ONline bill pay

You know why? They like to charge, tamper & deceive not only the customer but the United States Postal Inspector which is now investigating their activities & customers payments.

The DFI, The OCC, The Department of Justice, The Federal Trade Commission has turned documents over to The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which was started in 2011, I call them The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau. They don't investigate anything they actually sent my complaint about this same corporation to a company that was mentioned NO WHERE in my complaint. Just this last month June 2014 I sent in a complaint to them about them they sent me an email said they would contact the business & get back to me. What they are the ones I complained about?

What a waste of tax payers money!

What ever you do DO NOT have any dealings with SYNCHRONY BANK that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed their name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank. You can go to Rip-Off Report #114**** where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation.

GE Money used to work fine until they redesigned their website. I tried Firefox in Ubuntu and in Xp: get error when I login. But it worked when I used ie8 in Xp.

They need to fix it!

Agreed, they refuse to admit it, but the site is currently not usable with Firefox. They tried to insist that I make a phone payment for a 15 dollar fee, rather than admit coding issues.

If you're against IE for your browsing and need to make an online payment with GE, try Google's Chrome. It worked for me.

I wouldn't touch GE KNOWLINGLY with ten yardsticks touched together, nor would I want to be able to do so online.

I have Mozilla Firefox and I have been using GE Money online bill pay for 2 years on my account. They do have online bill pay.

To make an online payment you have to use Internet Explorer! The idiots at GE can't even tell you that when you try to log-in.

View more comments (5)
Athens, Georgia

GE Money Bank

In 2002 My husband purchased a Harley motorcycle for 26,000.00 dollars we went 9 years on the loan. Some time around 2006 Ge Money Bank bought our loan. We continued to pay our scheduled monthly payments assuming it would still be paid off in March of 2011. However we were wrong dead wrong I got to looking at our statement thinking we would be paid off soon and it claimed we still owed 17,000.00 dollars! The statement in fine print stated if we paid only the minimum due we would have the amount shown on the statement paid off in 9 years paying almost 40,000.00 dollars! But wait we have been paying this for 9 years already. So my husband called and they would not work with him at all we were half a payment behind and they demanded it plus two extra payments. We told them to come and get it. There was no way we would pay for another 9 years or more when we felt we had paid for the bike then some. As well in 2006 the bike was damaged and our insurance sent us a check for the repairs on the bike which had our name plus there name on the check so we sent it to them to have them sign it so we could have the bike fixed we never received it back! When my husband called to inquire about it he was told they thought it was payment and took it off the principal of our loan. This bank is terrible I pray more people come forward about their dirty doings they must be stopped somehow it is not right how they treat customers.

Saint Louis, Missouri

Goofy Notice with no info

The *** notice I got of changed conditions. First of all, NO ONE READS these *** agreements. ALmost as bad as ITunes ridiculous 20 pages of ***. Had NO contact info other than PO Box. I've had zero balance for years...and I want to cancel. NO PHONE NUMBER ANYWHERE. No even an email address. it I hate this *** credit card company. ANd then I get to the bottom of this *** page, and it requires that I write more. OK. I'll write about the ridiculous requirements to have 100 words. What genius came up with that? Maybe you should get a job with GE money bank. Oh, and guess what? I just cliked the Do You Agree checkbox. I DIDNT ACTUALLY READ the pissed off consumer terms of service.
Amarillo, Texas

Problems Nothing but Problems

This acoount has been a problem since day one. do not need the agravation. the people you talk to on the phone, do not let you explain the problem they seem to have a ego,Problem. the account was done to get the $40.00 credit off your first bill and that is the only thing that worked good.We like shopping at sams and will continue to shop there. but will not ever use the credit card again. and to type 100 words in this blog is another problem. whaen all you have to say is buyer be ware !

you got your credit.... what are you complaining about?

and the individuals on "the phones" are human beings as well.

perhaps you started by yelling at them and being vague? perhaps they didnt know what you were referring to either??

Phoenix, Arizona

Ge moneybank will not respnd to customers ie: voluntary repo.

My name is Anthony Pit. Having made several attempts to call GE Moneybanks customer service #. I have resorted to sending a registered letter. I want to do a "voluntary" repo on my motorcycle becuase I lost my job, and upon calling them, I have once been hung up on, and eight times placed on their endless recording. I have resorted to sending them a registered letter, in case they want to sue me. These people should not be in business as "lenders". A class action suit should be brought against them. Any ideas? By not answering your calls to them, they benefit by charging you more money and interest, plus, they can charge you for a towing fee.

#231969

Anthony - I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@***.com and provide your contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached. For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Money

@Nicole Kgs

YOU AGAIN! PUT A SOCK IN IT!

View more comments (2)
Madison Heights, Virginia

GE Money bank and Chevron/Texaco

I was looking at my last few statements on my chevron/texaco gas card which is handled by GE Money bank. They are charging me 44 to 49.00 a month interest even if I don't use the card plus they charge a 25.00 late fee when a payment is late. I just can't believe how GE Money Bank is getting away with this rippoff. Plus customer Servis is somewhere in asia. I called chevron and they told me the interest will still be charged until my ballance of 1600.00 is payed of. Just isn't right.

If you have a balance on a credit card, you pay interest on it. That's part of the deal folks.

Oceanside, California

GE/Money Bank: Unethical Business and Credit Practices

This company closed my credit line, blocked my account from online access and last but not least reported negative information on my credit report to reduce my credit score. I have called and written formal letters to this company of disputing these charges to no avail. To shorten the story, They have illegally and unethically prevented me from using my open account, blocked my online account and reported to three credit reporting agencies defamatory information that has negatively affected my credit score. I will continue to dispute these actions and report them to all Bureaus to investigate this company to the fullest extent of the law. This company should be shut down and put out of business. For their excessive use of unfair and unethical business practices and derogatory credit reporting practices.
#271921

I just got this card in Jan. to pay for vet bills.

I never got a bill from them yet they started calling me in February to demand payment. I told them I never received a bill, and proceeded to tell them that I was moving in a week and gave them my new address.

Here we are in April, still have yet to receive one bill from them and they have been calling me four times a day! We need to take out a class action lawsuit!

#271918

I just got this card in Jan. to pay for vet bills.

Phoenix, Arizona

Ge money bank scamed me

i have two credit plans through GE money bank , when i tried to pay off one of the plans they scammed me . i sent two emails , i sent two seperate checks , i wrote on the checks stating that one was for a payoff and sent a note with the checks stating that i was paying one off , they just devided the money into the two plans , I think that it could be considered fraud . Whaen i strarted the second plan i aked if i could pay the first one off some time with out puting money toward the other plan . they said no problem
Dayton, Ohio

GE Money Bank damaged my credit score

As I was going through difficult financial problems GE Money sent my account to Mann Bracken LLP Law Office for payment. In time I paid the account in full with the debt collector they provided. After all payments were made I tried to contact the company for a payoff statement. Whenever I called the phone numbers on the letters they sent they were disconnected. The BBB cannot even locate the collection company GE Money bank provided. But in the meantime my credit report states I still owe the company money and there is even a judgement pending at the court house. I would like all of this off my record and my credit report updated stating paid in full! As soon as possible!!!

How weird? I don't even have a GE account and they sent me a letter saying I have to pay them some amount of money, which I have no idea where it came from. Additionally, they supply and automated phone number where it's impossible to reach a person because there is no customer service number provided, just the automated one?

NO one is trying to get out of paying a bill but it does seem like the people do not practice regular business practices and instead try to sleaze people.....which is why there is no way to contact them.

Whoever the looser Marksmilitiaria is doesn't seem to want to own up to the fact that he probably works for this sleazy company.

NO!!! You ruined your credit score.

If you payed off this debt with GE, you wouild have been better off.

The collection agency is more than likely out of business or in most cases, have changed locations/name/phone #. as they get bought out, etc daily.

Quit whining and quit being a deadbeat to people you owe money to.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Cant speak english

i would like to know why a cpmpany whose whole entire advertising is based on being a company american can trust in and beleive in. but when you deal with the company their call centers are based in Pakistan or India and i have to repeat myself numerous times for them to take my payments. Its a *** shame when these companies wonder why america is falling on hard times when they outsource all their business and refuse to hire americans who without wouldnt have been a business at all back in the days. Think back to your beginning when there wasnt a cheaper way to do business but a better way. why do we have the struggles now and not then its because conglomerated like you got so greedy and selfish that all became about how we can as management profit live the fat american life and still screw the people who helped us in our humble beginnings. if its so great and cheaper there please do us all a favor and leaveeeeeeee.

GEMB has only ONE call center in india and SEVEN in the US. The india call center is designed to take overnight calls only and extra calls when they regular call centers are very busy. Also, so the Americans dont have to work third shift.

Scottsdale, Arizona

GE Money Bank

I have paid off my account to GE Money Bank the charge total was 309.00. Paid in full. I now find out GE is adding more money to my account EVEN THO IT IS CLOSED AND PAID IN FULL because they state that it did not get to their office and get processed until after the time limit. speaking to foreigners who are from Islamic background is a nightmare as they are always right in their eyes. And since they have all of my information they can ruin my credit. They are arogant and I am never allowed to speak with a Supervisor who can speak English, real English words. I now owe more. This company took my check on which it was the last 9.00 payment and destroyed that check and I am unable to find it anywhere. Even the Federal Reserve Check 21 does not have it. So it is my work against GE that they received it on time and the account is closed and paid in full. How can a person get help on this issue. Also in fine print on another type of business they told me that if you do not call ahead by one month to get the payoff they will continue charging interest and penalties. Also if you try to pay it by phone they charge you 15.00 extra as does GE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR NATION???

money hungry

ID
#209513 Review #209513 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Olathe, Kansas
Ge Money Bank Loan

Frauds

I was talked into opening an account at ABC warehouse which uses this awful bank. I planned on paying cash but got talked into this 1 yr.. no interest. What a scam. They dont care about customer service nor the people who uses them. Anyone who is using them should get rid of them. They will scam hundreds or thousands of dollars from you. Watch ur statements!!!!!! Now, this consumer is pis~~ and will spread the word to anyone and everyone I know. Yet to find out they are the ones who frauded the government. I hope they get whats coming to them.
ID
#207985 Review #207985 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Saginaw, Michigan