Show reviews that mention
credit account card payment money credit card bank people phone payments
Filter review

GE Money Bank stole 150.00 out of my account without my permission.

G.E. Money Bank took without authorization $150.00 out of my checking acct. after their non english speaking associate from India hung up on me. I offered to make a payment but it wasn't what he wanted so he hung up and took what he wanted. Please do not make any type of automatic transfers from your debit or checking acct. with these people. Once they have your information they can use it without permission. And they did. They know exactly what they are doing and they steal from you, I intend to follow up with legal action.
Nashville, Tennessee

Taking forever for last years monthly statements!

I can't believe with technology like it is today that it can take 2 billing cycles to get copies of my monthly bill. They recd my letter on Jan 13 requesting the copies because you can only get the last 3 months online! I could lose $2500.00 by the end of the this month if I don't get the copies for my husband to turn in for his tax deferred reimbursement. I have called there probably 6 or 7 times now and I think they have put robots on the phone instead of people. They all give you the same script, even if you ask to talk to a supervisor. So now I have to write another letter to the complaint department and see if this can be pushed along. Probably not. They probably have robots opening the letters!
Washington, District Of Columbia

The % prob.

I paid for a new motercycle with my ge-honda card and my rate was at 6% when I got the bill it was at 15% so I called and they told me it was the dealers prob not theres so we called the dealer and they said they only ran the card they did not set a limit so now I am fighting with them over the card. I am mad because they don't keep there end of the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so now I have been pay'n 15% and I am sooooooooo not happy about it because my husbend is deployed and they will not talk to me like a normal human they prob. think I am a *** girl that don't know what in the *** they r talking about and they want to walk all over me..

If i could take it back i would of never got this *** card. if you are reading this DONT DO IT!

i can wait to pay off my quad so i dont have to deal with these people anymore!

RIPOFF RUN!!! :(

With the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

GEMB ignores valid complaints until they get the same complaint from you VIA THE OFFICE of THRIFT SUPERVISION.

They get away with this because no one is complaining to the Government agencies that are responsible.

Don't worry it is not just because your a girl. It is their tactic.

That is how they talk to me too. They rush you, confuse you, don't answer questions directly, or answer only part of your question. Half the time it is a person in India or Manilla talking to you.

You should contact your attorney general, the better business bureau (CC GE money in your emails to these places). Also call customer service and tell them you want copies of of all the paper work involved in your account.

View more comments (2)
Raleigh, North Carolina

Wont stand behind credit card purchase

This is the first time I have aired this out on the internet because most likely I am just wasting my time but here it goes. My wife purchased a 18 ct wt diamond ring which blew my mind I told her to return the ring, Whitehall Jewelers would not take the ring back because of the trade up policy (whole other story) I went to GE and filled a formal dispute as it states on the back of your statement. Special Rule for Credit Card Purchases If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services The acknowledged my complaint and said that thier policy does not cover Whitehall Jewelers return policy and my complaint is with Whitehall. A month later another letter comes acknowledging my complaint again, this happened for 3 months every month a statement would come followed by them acknowledging my complaint again, when I called customer service they told me to ignore the statement because they were still inquiring into my cpmplaint. Thenext month I get a letter from a law office demanding payment in full anf am now waintintg a court date.
#520607

:( BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE of GE Money Loans!! They are a poor excuse for a financial institution!

I have had an account with them since I believe 2003. I have paid it off once and built the balance up again and am working deligently on paying it off again. I am NOT using the credit at all, just paying on it every month making very little headway due to their ridiculously high interest rate. They seem to think very highly of themselves.

Yes, I have had a month here and there where my payment was a day or two late due to when my paycheck arrives, but I ALWAYS pay them! I called as a long-time, credible client of theirs and asked if they would reduce my interest rate. . .OH NO, that is definintely not an option in their books.

They are money hungry and are not open to working at all with their clients. May I add, when I paid my balance off several years ago, I paid a large amount (approx. $8,000). I now pay monthly.

. .you'd think they would consider me reliable. Consumer BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE of GE Money Bank.

PLEASE consider other options!!!!!! :cry

They are the WORST! Doubled my payment no one could explain why, just hang up on me and call back repeatedly.

Am I the best debtor, by far n, but have made bucco bucks off my late payments and interest charges and I have every intent to pay off my debt, ruined credit or not, it's just the right thing to da. But they have rotton customer service and the last calls I recorded (you know how the call starts with "For quality control these calls may be monitored or recorded") I asked the guy on the line, after was disgustingly unempathetic and downright rude to me, if the call is was being recorded and he was silent...I asked him three times and he wouldn't answer the question...so I told this call IS being recorded by me!

and he had the audacity to say, "no one authorized you to record the call." I am going to get an attorney am give them a taste of their own medicine! Credit User Abusers!

You guys are all funny. Read your contracts.

I have a GE-Money bank card with my Honda VFR. I am getting screwed yes -- beware, 29% interest on the bike. At the current $143.00 a month note it will take me 7 years to pay it off. The issue is this however: I had a two year promo where the interest was 4% and I paid off 7 grand but not the whole thing...this is my fault nobody else's.

I didn't know it was going to skyrocket to twenty-nine percent BECAUSE I did not read the contract or pay attention to these ***'s. I did an Amortization schedule in Excel and will pay the bike off this year instead so they don't win but this is my fault, beware of these guys and read the whole test question before you purchase anything on credit.

:( Hate them. They charge late fee if you are one day late and the due date is on Sunday..

I will NEVER have another GE Money credit card.

I am getting rid of everyone.. Hope they go Bankrupt.

Those god *** idiots pull this all the time, no more ge money for me :(

#20653

My problem with these IDIOTS is I keep getting called from some *** in India...I've paid the bill, have a conf # it's has cleared my bank, but dim wit won't believe me, just wants more money.....I WILL never do business with these people again. and you all might want to know that Morris and Ashley Furnitue finance through these people :(

Jodbai is completely correct. If you buy a new car, finance it through ABC bank and you begin to have problems with the car, do you tell ABC bank about it or deal directly with the dealership/manufacturer?

Paulblog your purchase agreement with the merchant supercedes your dispute rights. It would be the same if you booked a flight with an airline that had a time limit for canceling the reservation but did not meet the cancelation deadline, or if you purhased a car "as is" and then found out later it had more problems than you thought.

You are stuck. If you choose to dispute the merchant has only to supply proof that you were notified of terms up front. The merchant had a return policy which your wife would have been notified of up front. The credit card company is not going to eat 18000 just because your wife made an impulsive purchase and did not consider "what if I change my mind".

Besides a ring selling for 18m sounds like it is a custom piece. Jewelers do not take back custom pieces.

I paid for a new motercycle with my ge- honda card and my % rate was 6 and when I got the bill it was at 15% so I called and they told me it was the dealers prob not theres so we called the dealer and they said they only ran the card they did not set a limit so now I am mad because they want to blame everyone but themselves :(

View more comments (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

GE Monybank- Harassment from India

Not once, not twice, but EIGHT times, in one day, up to 11 o'clock at night,those people called a poor 85 year old woman, demanding she get caught up on her payment for Lowes. When we called to speak to a supervisor a man by the name of Steven said "The supervisors name is Ethan Lawson" When I called for him the next day the same man said there was no "Ethan Lawson" that worked there as a supervisor. And they call and call and call....We keep telling them we made arrangements with the store threw customer care to pay her bill. Do they listen? No. Do they speak english? No. Finally I contacted someone who spoke english and had it arranged that no one outside the USA call this poor woman...FINALLY! some who spoke english!!!!

These people keep calling me all day every day. They didn't send me my first statements or (my Old Navy card for that matter) and they took my credit card information down 4 times yet they claim it didn't go thru.

I am not racist but I specifically asked for someone in the USA to call me bc I didn't want to talk to anyone that I didn't understand/couldnt understand me. This was my 1st credit card now I am screwed bc of this. Can someone pls tell me who I can call so that these harrassing calls stop?? I know for a fact its illegal for them to call non-stop but I actually sue them???

Anybody want to join in a class action suit againts them? Bc I am ready to do anything for these f*ckers to stop their harrassment once & for all!!!

My wife is having the same problem with one of her cards that is funded by GE Money Bank. She even threatened to go to an attorney.

Before we had retained an attorney, they sent her a letter demanding the name of her attorney or GE money bank would start legal action. i am not listed on this particular card but as she was telling me what GE Money bank was doing, I became involved in this issue.

Anyone interested in organizing against GE Money Bank

:( I never even had a GE money card and these guys call me five and six times a day saying I need to get a police report to get there calls to stop. I have asked them many times to please send me the contract that I signed for a credit card.

They tell me that the burdin of proof is on me. I have never applied for a credit card from GE so what do I prove.

I want them to prove to me that I owe this money and they won't and they just keep calling all times of the day and night. I am so tired of this..

#211982

Does that mean that we have to pay the amount that they are asking for on the bill????? This is my parent's bill so i am concerned!

#205615

:( GE Money is by far the most under handed card company I have seen. I also have not recieved bills or they come late after the due date.

I call they tell me it was sent on such and such date it also must have been the mails fault but it's funny every one else seems to get there statements out on time and to the consumer in reasonable time. They are the most harrassing company too I have recieved calls all day long and 99% of the time it was already payed DUH!. Plus I caught them holding payments back so they would be late and they could charge their 39.00 late fee this happened several times , they informed me it was because it takes 10 days to process the checks funny thing is it wasnt a check it was a direct transfers from the bank and I had records to back the days I sent and they where well before the ten days.

I have made a promise that when each card I have gets payed off I am cancelling each one that has anything to due with Ge Money. I think We all should boycott GE_Money if we all stand together we can hurt the company where it counts the wallet!

#205020

One other thing, it is illegal for any company to call more than three times in one day, but there were at least 4 company names calling for the same account with GEMB. Four different 1-800 numbers were calling my home and they called every 15 minutes! No exaggeration.

#205019

GEMB has been the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I went through care credit when my puppy became ill.

I had to put him in the hospital for a week. I made my payments every month for over a year, with the exception of one payment. I was charged a late fee, which I paid and I even doubled the payment. A couple of months later, I paid them check by phone.

I was assured the payment would be credited on time because it was 5 days before the due date. It wasn't. The due date was on the 11th and they held the payment until the 12th. We argued over this but they finally agreed, thankfully, that they had the payment on time and removed my late fee.

However, the next month, I was sent a statement dated for the 4th (After I had discussed with them that I am only paid once a month on the 1st and sometimes it is later depending on the day the 1st falls on). Well, of course, that payment couldn't be made on time, so they tacked on a $39 late fee, increased my interest to 29% and more than doubled my minimum payment amount. Before my first late payment, I requested a later due date because of my payment methods, they would not grant it... actually the young lady I spoke with was very rude.

I was really shocked to have someone treat me that way as I was paying on time and only wanted to ensure that I continued to do so.

Needless to say, they ruined my credit. Every time it was late, it was reported to my credit bureau. Fed up with this, I stopped paying and told them that when they were ready to let me know how much I owed them that I would pay it off. We settled 5 months later for a lesser amount and it will be on my credit for 7 years.

Please people, don't get involved with this bank. They are only out there to mess you up and steal your money.

It is actually illegal for ANY company to call you more than 3 times in a 24hr period, its also a $15,000 fine if you specificly say "DO NOT CALL ME ANYMORE" and they continue to do so.

I share the experience as many of you on this board. Some guys from India have been calling me 10-20 times a day for a late payment that I did not even get a statement for?????

These guys must be punished for the types of calls they make for they think it's a joke to call someone, disguise their names and talk with the kind of rudeness they do. GE must be ashamed of working with such outsourced agencies in the first place. I am an Indian, I can immediately make out when I hear the accent from what region of India they are calling from. Yet there guys disguise their real names and throw some names like "Michael Smith".

I get a call from a guy from another continent who has all my information, but he can disguise his name and pretend as if he is calling from the US?

GE *** up company, never will I buy your product or sign up for your credit cards? *** moronic bastards GE executives trying to save money and hire *** 3rd rated calling agencies who they must be paying *** 10cents an hour and transferring all our personal information.

View more comments (22)