Show reviews that mention
credit account card payment money credit card bank people phone payments
Filter review

Ge Money Bank - GEMoney was to setup pymts as autopay. When pymts not received I was told it was a verbage mistake!

GEMoney was to set up my acct as autopay from my checking acct. When pymts didn't get received they told me they don't do autpay accts and who ever told me that it must have been an misunderstanding in the 'verbage'. Meanwhile, I believed my pymts were being made so my interest rate would stay the same, etc. etc. Now, I have late fees, interest rate is through the roof and I have a credit score of 750! I talked to cust. service and the lady said she had full authority so what did I need. After expaining my problem she said she did not have that authority and I would have to speak with a manager and she doubted her manager could do anything about it either! I was told it was my fault do to me not understanding ther "verbage" used by their repreresenative. I told them I would make my pymts after they gave me back my correct interest rate and credited back all the late fees, and interest fees and to call me when that was done. Now I am being told that I MUST make a pymt before anything will be talked about. I am furious with the lady that told me she had full authority and what did i need fixed and then to be told it was my fault for not understanding THEIR VERBAGE as she called it. I will call them one more time and ask for a manger or higher to see if i can get this straightened out, but they will be closing my account and never get my money again regardless if they fix it now or not!! The really crazy thing here is it was only over about $200 or so at the time! Now, somehow, it is up to $1400 and rising!! They don't deserve a dime of my money, but I will pay them what I truely owe if they will allow that. If not, I guess it will be the one and only black mark on my credit record!! I pray someone of authority gets this message and writes to me to get this account corrected. Tammy Jensen

GE Money says one thing - then denies they ever said that.

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commision and the Office of Thrift Supervision.

The government can make them fix it.

Did you fill out a form for the Autopay? If so, I would highly suggest speaking to an Attorney or post more information perhaps, I may be able to give you some helpful tips.

Ge Money Bank - Not acknowledging Exon Bill that was included in Bankruptcy

We have been trying for two days to get this matter settled so we can refinance. There is a GE Money Banks showing up with a judgement and an Exxon and a Home Depot card. We are not getting straight answers as to which account GE money Banks is connected to. The account # for Home Depot was 6035 3200 8118 5868 and it was in my name (Deborah Lederer). The Exxon account # was 187 497 195 3 4 003. The Home Depot account was paid of in October of 05 and the Exxon Account was included in a Bankruptcy in 05. We need verification that whichever account GE Moneybanks was associated with is paid off (no more money owed). We need help in getting this resolved asap and don't know where to go. We've been on the phone with GE Money Banks and several other places today.....getting nowhere.

Ge Money Bank - Extremely rude and no English comprehension

I was recently a single day late on a bill with GE Money Bank. The payment should have arrived on time, but apparently the mail got delayed. I was then slapped with a late fee... and never got a bill that month. Since my bill is a set payment every month, I simply sent in my normal payment. Shortly afterwards, I get a phone call from them saying I owe them $218 for never paying my first bill! After a half-hour argument with the woman, she agreed that she was wrong, offered to waive the late fee and leave me alone. Over the course of the next two weeks, they continued to call me, again, and again, always with the same argument, the same problem, and had no clue anyone else had contacted me!

I work for a debt settlement company and the people they have working there don't understand a lick of english and they have no idea of our laws :?

Ge money bank

I financed 800 dollars with ge money. To date I have given them almost 900. with nothing going to the account, all I get is that covers late fees. Then I got my online statement today, and my balance went from 772.90 to 790.90 a 12.10 increase was told that it was finance charges. The statment from last month is as follows the balance was 813.90 made the 41.00 dollar payment that they needed which droped the balance down to the 772.90. When I called them up to find out why there was a 12.10 increase this month I couldn't get a straight answer. I found that it does no good to complain to the bbb, ge money has found a loop hole and has made thief legal. I would not recommed even my worst enemy to use this freud of a company. GE money is a ***, thiefs and trained to lie

I just gave these thieves a 350.00 payment via money order balance was 1140.00 after they subtracted my payment I steal owe 945.00 .......what the he** is wrong with these *** I am going to the FTC right now

they charged me 67.00 finance charge is that even legal??

signed...ANOTHER PISSED CUSTOMER

Most people do not realize they have rights, federal laws that are designed to protect us from predatory lenders like GEMB.

file formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

What they are doing is illegal. while on the FTC website - look at the Fair Credit Billing Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Forget the BBB - they have GEMB listed with an A rating, they do not post complaints against dues paying members. The dues money is more important then the consumer they are supposed to protect.

Ge money bank is stealing from me as well. i've been paying them for two years with almost no decrease in balance. thiefs!

brunosdad

Pay you bill on time and you won't have these problems

View more comments (3)

Ge Money Bank - Get someone who can read and speak english

Got a call on my account from someone who could not read or speak english! I tried to answer her questions but she could not understand english. She was also very rude. I finally hung up on her after answering the same questions three or four times. Customer service? GE has no clue. They are as close to un-american as you can be. I have spent over $8,000 with GE and i can tell you when I make my last few payments they will NEVER be my lender on an account again. I will read closely who underwrites the loan and if it is GE I will go elsewhere.

I had to read the card # very slowly to 'Richard' and he still couldn't understand. I asked for someone else, he put me on hold, finally came back and said the account would be closed.

Three days later the credit card processor gets a denial notice from the GE Money/Wal Mart Money Card.

I just want my money back! (and someone who can speak english to talk to!)

haha u jobless loser.. stop getting jealous..

man u guys crack me up :p JUST PAY UR FREAKIN ACCOUNT SO GE DOESNT HAVE TO CALL U AT ALL..

lol is it really that hard? loser!

Service
Ge Money Bank Loan

Ge Money Bank - GE MoneyBank can't apply payments correctly

After wonderful service from LasikPlus involving surgery, they had me complete an application to pay for the surgery over 12 months, no interest, through GE MoneyBank. All went well until i tried to pay through the internet. They miss-applied my payment to an account that when I check online am told the account has been reported lost or stolen. Checking through their toll-free number, the account shows zero. I get a bill that says I have a credit balance. Now the only way to contact them is by mail. I want to talk to someone. I'm pissed.

I have a problem attempting to pay my account. Usually, I get frustrated and by the time I decide to try again, I end up getting late fees.

GE Money Bank scammed me too

I had never heard of GE money bank until they called me on a Saturday morning and told me i was delinquent on my Lowes credit card and demanded payment. I have never been late on a payment and thought i had payed off the card since i hadn't received bills for 4 months. I only had 1 more payment to make before the promotion ended and the finance charges kicked in....so they stopped sending me the bills and called me 4 months later demanding i pay my remaining balance and an additional $150 in finance charges and late fees. Customer service was of little help and blamed me for not getting my mail. Absurd. I'll never do business with GE money bank or Lowes again. Don't fall for those great credit card promotion deals...they dont' pay off in the end.

Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision

not sending statements violates the Fair Credit Billing Act.

Did you know they had a customer loss in Oct 2007? Neither did I until I found it the news announcement on the Internet in Oct 08, but it was Jan 08 that they finally told anyone and did not make much effort to get the word out their customers.

ID
#131935 Review #131935 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ge Money Bank - Somebody take them out of business

These guys are bad news and ought to be taken out of business. They are rude and unhelpful. They are almost impossible to locate online to pay your bill, impossible to call (i've been on hold today for nearly two hours!), the website they give you to pay your bill at is incorrect, arrogant, unhelpful and unmoving when you do finally reach them, bills are intermittant....the list goes on and on. DON'T USE THEM!!! they will suck you dry before you know it. People like this should not be allowed in business because they are just there to prey on people who need the most help. There is more compassion in a brick wall than in this lot. I think their associate training manual lists in the first chapter that to work there you have to remove your heart, manners and kindness.
ID
#131925 Review #131925 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ge Money Bank - Issued me $1000.00 Credit Card I never applied for

Person I talked to couldn't tell me how I got issued this card. He said I had to have applied for it somewhere, but I didn't. I canceled it immediately before validating it, and I am glad I did. No legitimate company should issue a credit card to someone who never applied for one. I am reporting this incident to the credit bureaus and better business bureau. No one needs this kind of company, and they should not be allowed to sucker people in by sending innocent people credit cards especially when the gas prices are making it hard for everyone to get by.

I am a victim of the exact same water filtration system fraud along with at least 13 others. Very shortly I will be filing a Consumer Complaint with the Attorney Generals office as well as a Private Criminal Complaint in Chester County.

Sederon is located in Montgomery County, however criminal complaints must be filed in the county in which the crime took place.

The more victims that come forward and file formal complaints, the courts will be more likely to take action. Anyone wishing to come forward or require information for filing formal complaints, please contact me at thmfraud@gmail.com

I GOT A CARD BY SIGNING UP FOR a FREE SEDERON,S WATER REFRESHER PROMOTION . THEY MAXED OUT THE CARD OVER $6000.

WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR AUTHORIZATION FOR THE CARD. sEDERON SAID THEY WOULD PAY IT .WELL THEY ARE NOT AND GE KNOWS THEIR SCAM. BUT NOW ITS TOO LATE.THEY GOT AN INTREST FREE LOAN.

I NOW OWE 7300 FOR A WATER SOFTNER WORTH 500. GE SHOULD NOT GIVE THIS CO CREDIT KNOWING THEY SCAM PEOPLE.

Ge Money Bank - GE Money closed my account for no reason

I had a line of credit with GE that was in good standing. I never had a late payment and I had a credit score of over 750. They closed the account due to "inactivity" in the past six months. This resulted in a lower personal credit score for me and they refuse to do anything about it. When I called the idiots they have working for them were rude and refused to provide me with the name of anyone in a management position that I could talk or write to in order to resolve this problem. Therefore, I'm pissed!

:cry my parents had an account with americredit for the financing oif their truck. They have paid on time for several years.

They both passed away two days apart. They had no formal will and didn't own anything they were both on permanent disability. Somehow americredit got my name and phone number (I'm their daughter) and contacted me regarding their bill, I explained I received nothing when they passed except for the financial burden of their funerals, I sent them copies of their death certificates and assumed they would leave me alone. That was in november of 2007 it is now august 2008 and they continue to call at leasr 2 times a day leaving threatening and harassing messages.*** me felt some sort of obligation and sent them about 5 b$600 payments because my parents had gotten behind, but I am in no way responsible for that debt and have told them several times to quit calling and leave me alone they have also gotten my husbands work number and called there.

It really is *** me off.

My phone is ringing now and the id shows their number, how do I get them to leave me alone? I don't want to change my number is there anything I can do?