Show reviews that mention
credit account card payment money credit card bank people phone payments
Filter review

Ge Money Bank - Lies, fees, and bull ***

I used GE to fund a root canal. They set me up with a 'No interest for 8 months' deal. after the 8 months, the interest was crazy. They charge you $10 without telling you every time you make a payment by phone. I believe the late fee was $30!! They lied to me, telling me they had set me up on a plan that has not late fees, and no charge to make a payment by phone. The next time I called, I asked specifically about this charge, and I had never been set up on this plan at all. What bull! I don't remember the rest of the story, as it has been a while since I paid it off, (All at once with my tax return, and thank God i did) But I do remember that I HATE HATE HATE GE money bank!!!! And I'm not the complaining type.

Late fee is $40, no matter what you do you receive that late fee so you have to just add it to the statement balance, and don't forget the random finance charge of $50. I think my name expressed how I feel about GEMB!!

These days the late fee is 40$

View more comments (1)

Ge Money Bank - Not applying over payment to principle

I have a boat loan thru GE Money Bank, and I always pay extra on the monthly payment to pay it down faster. I noticed that they do not apply the extra to the principle, some more goes to intrest and some on principle. Last month total amout due was 237.00 I paid 300.00 this month total due is 205.00 and it shows on the statement that 300.00 was applied to intrest and 0 to principle. I don't know how the figure intrest, it seems criminal or at least there using that fuzzy math. I would recommend anyone wanting to use GE Money Bank save yourself the aggravation don't get the loan and just throw your money out the window. Better yet use your local credit union, there are people you can see and talk to, they will get to know you by first name. This bank is to big to care about us and could care less what our problems might be. Lesson learned the hard way, will not be repeated.

GE MONEY BANK SUCKS AND I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND NEVER RECOVER

I hate GE Money Company. The are the biggest fraud and I hope they go out of business and never recover. Don't believe in them when they said no interest or payment for certain amount of time. When I tried to pay my bill, it gave me conformation number and everything, but because of their *** computer error didn't take my money. They sent my account to the court when I was out of country and then to the collection agency. The collection agency guy was *** and rude and didn't know how to talk to the person. They are charging me $ 900, even it was not my mistake. Do not do businees with GE money bank at all if you want happy life

GE MONEY BANK

I purchased 4 chairs in June of 07 Opened a charge to get 10% off the price. Did not get a blll, called store and number they gave me 6 times, they never heard of me. My credit report showed up and after talking to India for 1 hour finally transfered to USA. Made online payment to pay off in full. Now they have turned my account over for collection for interest and late charges which I was told, due to their error I did not have to pay. I had another account with GEMB opened 11/06 paid in full 6/07 Credit report still shows it open with a balance of $ 8,950. Anyone ready to file a class action suite. That s the only to get their attention.
Seanpatrick

Bought a motorcycle a few years ago and it was financed thru GEMB, however when I got my first statement it showed the loan as a revolving credit card account with the balance of the bike, the amount of debit on the credit card. Because it reflected a balance of approximately 13K at the time it dragged my credit score down several points, as any high balance on a credit card would do.

I contacted GEMB and informed them several times that this was not a credit card account, nor did I have their credit card, but a motorcycle loan and they needed to report it the correct way to the three credit reporting agencies. However each time they refused and basically told me "too bad". This has been an on-going problem to which we paid them off as quickly as possible.

i can not believe misrepresenting a loan to the credit reporting agencies is legal or allowed, especially in this day and age. If a class action lawsuit if ever filed, count me in also.

GEMB showed up on my credit report twice and i never asked them to run a credit check or bothered to ask for any loans from them and i can not even contact them to find out whats going on

Where do the keep the database with all those answer to the question you have to ask when you cal and get disconnected?

What is that one with the kinda accents name? Yall should follow her

just been hasseled by a Joeeeliann from GE Moneybank..askied for a supv, and got disconnected...called back and got a very nice person Kathy W who took what was suppose to be a late charge off...I made payment on the inter net at PayPal..but they say they did not get it...

GE Money Bank is full of (NOT BUSINESS) They will shut off your account if you have two backed out check within a 12 month span. I was a customer for 3 years and that happened to me without my knowledge account was current, they shut it off and reported it to a collection agency.

THEN WHO I TALK TO ABOUT THIS THEN? can you give me #that I can talk to?

thanks agian, Mrs Moss

i was wonder why i was denied for wa-mart, old navy, zellienr card, because I got one from arkansas furniture from ge. moeny bank & we have been paying more then our min. payments?

thanks Susan Moss

plesae send me my e-mail or call me at 501-514-1769 & TELL WHY

GE Money Bank are the largest scam artists in the nation! This is my experience as well as MANY others' experience with GE Money scoundrels!

1) Their offer is for interest free financing if the balance is paid in full after x-months, usually 18-24.

2) No matter if you mail in your payments, have autopay from your charge card, or direct debit from your bank account, GE will ALWAYS claim they did not receive your payment, or received your payment late. Why? Then they can add late charges! And of course, your last payment is always lost, therefore “you did not pay-off your balance in the predetermined time frame”. Then they try to collect a huge interest payment effective from the inception date. Personally I mailed in a payment 1 month BEFORE the due date, and of course they processed it 1 day after the due date, then slapped on a late fee + random finance charge. YES, that is what they call it, a "random finance charge". Amusing, this random finance charge shows up EVERY month.

3) You cannot contact the company via e-mail; they ignore e-mail.

4) You cannot get a response via snail mail; they ignore your letters.

5) If you are willing to sit on hold for 45-60 minutes, and punch in your account number countless times, you may be able to reach a person with a pulse. In most cases, the employees speak horrible English! They cannot understand anything that is said to them. Which means another hold, so that the English speaking representative can talk to you and say "I don't have any records, I don't know what you are talking about, what you are saying is not accurate, now where is my money so that I can take my vacation to Hawaii next month!"

Count me in for any and ALL class action suits against GE Money Bank. You have my voice, my records and my experience to fight against them screwing their costumers!

<* Email removed by request of the poster *>
View more comments (7)
ID

Ge Money Bank - GE MONEY CREDIT SERVICES IS A SCAM!

I have been paying this company for 16 months for a $1500.00 loan. They claimed my payments were denied by my bank, I proved through my bank copies of transaction paid. They claim every month they waive my late and bounce fees. My balance as of today is $1475.00. When I ask where all the money I paid went to, all they can tell me is (customer service) they do not no. When I ask for a copy of my records they say I have to have an attorney get them. I have submitted this to the BBB in April and no responce from them either. Has any one else had this problem with this company. I borrwed this money for emergency dental surgery that my insurance would not cover. How can a company get away with this???? Beyond Pissed!!!

I unknowingly have a GE Money Bank card thru QVC (they did not tell me it was GE). In Nov.l they raised their rate to 24.99%.

I have made all my payments on time and made extra payments. GE tells me that that interest rate is non-negotible.

What kind of company is this? I am also beyond pissed

I agree that GEMoney Bank is a ripoff. After agreeing to al5 month delay in payment for carpet I started getting collection calls for non payment.

This went on for months before that was straightened out. There is no way to talk to the same person twice. It is like starting over every time you have a complaint. There are no names to contact, There are no officers listed in the company.

They want to make it near impossible to resolve a problem. In the meantime they keep taking on interest.

I am sorry I ever dealt with them. I never will agai n and recommend others do the same.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Ge Money Bank - GE makes it impossible to contact them with a payment?

I've been trying to make a payment and it is interesting how hard they make this--their website is completely broken for this purpose and I've been on hold now forever with a machine never ending repeating message. Recommend we all file a law suit. GE--will never do business with these people again once this account is brought down to zero. I could go on a lot longer regarding this outlaw company. .... I would recommend that they find some way to improve services across the board. I dont know why this company is allowed to operate like this.

I have just spent an hour looking to make

a payment on-line. Can not find a place

to do so even though my statement says

I can and if you call the 800 number, they

say you can. To phone a payment in will

cost you either a $10 or $15 fee. They

claim no fee if paid on-line. Your payment

will be late by the time you figure out where the *** to send it. I give, I'm mailing

them a check.

GE Money Bank is a Thief

I am paying 300 dollars per month and using Chase bank to pay my bill on line. The bill was due on June 7, 2008 and the bill was paid on June 6, 2008 according to my Chase statement. However, GE Bank called it late and charged me 39.00. This had not happened before and I am paying much more than the required payment of 73. When I call to address the issue, it is impossible to reach them. I think GE Money Bank are thiefs and future dealings with these people will not happen. I am convinced that given these people an opportunity, they will take you without any consideration.

I am in the process of mounting my own fight with GE Money and plan a small claims court action. I am also working with Credit Protection through our state attorney general.

All who have been harmed continue to fight.

Do so thoughtfully and continue to document everything. I am beginning to believe I can win and with your additional comments you lend credence to my case.

You are so full of it!

I have a major issue with unauthorized charges, unauthorized address change and 0 balance account in collections. I cannot pay or dispute a bill I know nothing about . PROBABLY HAS TO DO WITH THE RECORDS LOSS AT IRON MOUNTAIN IN OCT 2007. That most account holders were never informed of.

I cannot get any details regarding any of this BS with my account - my letters are ignored. the only demand they compiled with was to send me copies of my statements - WHICH PROVE THE UNAUTHORIZED ADDRESS CHANGE! . yet no one noticed that on the statements they printed out for me.

to everyone having problems with GEMB - file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision immediately

O yea, "GE Money rep" I'm sure you are a representative and if you are quit with the BS apologies. You and your company are crooks! The gentleman who expressed his experience has happened to all of your costumers! You want to apologize as though no one knows what you do!!? Well here is a quick outline!

1) Your offer is for interest free financing if the balance is paid in full after x-months, usually 18-24.

2) No matter if we (the costumer) mail in your payments, have autopay from our charge card, or direct debit from our bank account, GE will ALWAYS claim they did not receive our payment, or received our payment late. Why? Then they can add late charges! And of course, our last payment is always lost, therefore “you did not pay-off your balance in the predetermined time frame”. Then they try to collect a huge interest payment effective from the inception date.

3) You cannot contact the company via e-mail; they ignore e-mail.

4) You cannot get a response via snail mail; they ignore your letters.

5) If you are willing to sit on hold for 45-60 minutes, and punch in your account number countless times, you may be able to reach a person with a pulse. In most cases, the employees speak/understand English, but are not overly bright.

Say sorry about that, better yet, say "class action law suit", because you have 100s of those coming your way!

We are sorry for this inconvenience and understand your frustration. I hope this information helps.

-Sometimes it takes a few days for a payments from another bank to process. They will not show on the appropiate statement, however, late fees will be reversed once the payment goes trough.

-If you can not get a representative on the phone, you can write us a note using our website (www.gemoney.com). Please follow appropiate directions on the site to ensure your issue gets solved and your privacy remains protected.

We will always value you as a custumer and your satisfaction is our priority.

Thank you for choosing us.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Ge Money Bank - I'll never use GE Money again.

GE Money has a good scam going. They give you a 6 month promotion of free financing, then lose your address for 5 months and your first bill then comes with finance charges. They called me after 5 months to ask my correct address conveniently wasting all my 6 month promotional finance free time. When I complained they did nothing for me. I have alerted the Ct. Attorney General's office and lodged a formal complaint on GE Money......this company is raping the american public. I used GE Money to buy a kitchen oven, my address was correct for the delivery from the store but GE Money wants me to believe they did not have my correct address. The form I filled out was perfectly correct.

My husband and I financed a mattress at a furniture store that uses GE Money. I put my account on auto-pay and didn't check it for 6 months.

I notice that my monthly payment amount has gone up by $10, so I go online and see that I've been charged interest because my payments have been going toward the balance that will expire in 2014, not the balance that will expire in 2010 ($2000 mattress was financed for 4 years, $75 mattress pad was for 6 months.) Only $4 of my $57 monthly payment was going toward my $75 mattress pad, leaving a balance at the end of 6 months. So I call and speak to some guy in India and he says that he will take care of it and apply my payments so that the balance is paid off and remove the finance charges.

A month later I was charged another finance charge, even though the balance on the mattress pad is gone from my promotional summary. I am going to scrounge up some money, pay off my balance, and close my account ASAP.

GE MONEY WHAT A JOKE,I MADE A PAYMENT ON MY ACCOUNT $500. AND WAS TOLD THEY PUT PAYMENTS ON HOLD FOR A WEEK IF CONSUMER PAYS AMOUNT THIS HIGH.I MADE PAYMENT TWO WEEKS AGO AND IT STILL DIDN'T CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT.

We bought a mattress and apparently the credit card is through GE Money Bank..I didn't know it was in India somewhere because I never get to talk to an American. Maybe that is why they lost your address.

They have the bad business practice of fraudulently calling you (3 and 4 times a day!!) and saying that you owe TWICE what you really owe in order to get more money out of you. I pay my bill online so I can SEE what is past due. I called them up and chewed them out and threatened to report them. I also complained about the harassing phone calls.

The woman said that we would receive no more calls.

I never said I wouldn't still report them. DON'T USE THEM IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

not sending statements to correct mailing address is a violation of the Fair Credit Billing Act.

To the OP - at least you got calls - they never called me. But then my issue had to do with unauthorized charges on my JC Penney credit card, as well as losing my "CORRECT" mailing address. The first call I received was from a 3rd party collection agency they sold my account to as JUNK DEBT!

I live in CT also, I wrote the "not applying over payment on principle" on 8/1. Richard Blumenthal plays hard ball maybe he'll help

View more comments (4)
ID

Ge Money Bank - No way to contact by phone...

I've been on the website for 30 minutes and can't get a single phone number to conatact these people. When I clicked on the "contact us" section there is a picture of a good-looking lady with ....a HEADSET!!! This appears to be an optical illusion, because in order to reach this lovely creature, I would first need a TELEPHONE NUMBER!!! The only way to get that is to take it off of a statement or from the back of a credit card. As it stands, I'm ont a customer and don't have either one of those available to me. I plan on keeping it that way.

Hi,

We can fairly quickly promote your website to the top of the search rankings with no long term contracts!

We can place your website on top of the Natural Listings on Google, Yahoo and MSN. Our Search Engine Optimization team delivers more top rankings then anyone else and we can prove it. We do not use "link farms" or "black hat" methods that Google and the other search engines frown upon and can use to de-list or ban your site. The techniques are proprietary, involving some valuable closely held trade secrets. Our prices are less then half of what other companies charge.

We would be happy to send you a proposal using the top search phrases for your area of expertise. Please contact me at your convenience so we can start saving you some money.

In order for us to respond to your request for information, please include your company’s website address (mandatory) and /or phone number.

Daniel Simmons

danielinternetmarketing@gmail.com

Daniel Simmons

danielinternetmarketing@gmail.com

Thomas G

With my experience with these people, you are better off not dealing with them. Read my complaints on this sight.

Deejay Colin

deejayinternetmarketing@gmail.com

SEO - Link Building - Copyright - Web Designing - PHP

my name is dorothy schmidt, my account # is: 6019 1830 7459 6941. i cannot hear on the phone and wonder if you have an email i could send my info to.

i just received 2 letters from you, one about my payment being over due, and it is not, and the other about the protection plan, which i decided i should keep on there. please contact me by email: dorothycschmidt@gmail.com

#197581

GE Money Bank customer service if you want to call it that is the reason I will not shop at Lowes anymore. Treated like a dummy on the phone by some female.

Rude tone and smart *** remarks I don't have to put up with.

It took me awhile but I was able to contact them in regards to a BOGUS application, may I add a joint application in my name and my son's name. The young lady was very nice as she requested MY personal information, soc.

sec # and date of birth. I refused as we never applied for credit with this lender. I am no looking for filing a charge with the BBB as well as the Attorney General.All I wanted was the origination of the application. She would help me without the information and I personally don't trust these big lending giants, once they have your name you are subjected to their random credit checks, which could be as frequent as every three months!

Obiviously there was was someone out there who used our names and information to generate this application!

If they do not want to work with innocent people who may be subjected to indentity theft, then they can deal with the legal ramifications of the my complaint! They can kiss my A__ and I will gladly bear it!

Don't whine anymore - do something about it. GE have no desire to resolve any issue; they just annoy the heck out of you, ruin your credit rating and expect you to cave from frustration.

Nor will they respond to your letter.

They tried with me, but I am fighting to the end.

Do an on-line complaint to the BBB in Ohio, their corporate headquarters. When I filed in Texas, due to their El Paso address this is where they filed the complaint. Go on-line and file with the Office of Thrift Supervision and the Federal Trade Commission.

It is very easy.

Once I filed with these agencies, GE finally deigned to answer my multiple correspondence. Only by fighting back the proper way can these bad business practices cease.

Was contacted by an automated dialer...called back..1 800 872 7739..a real person picked up and took my information then informed me my payment was late 7 days. My credit history as well as my payment history is immaculate on all of my bills.

A call like this concerns me so i asked the representitive to contcat me when payment is recieved. This totally confused her so i asked to talk to a supervisor. I was transferred to a supervisor who i made the same request to..again confusion and excuses as to why they cannot do that.

All of the payments sent to various creditors at the same time this GEMB payment was mailed have cleared my bank...makes me wonder if GEMB holds them before depositing to acquire late fees? Has this happened to anyone else?

All should file complaints with the OCC and the FTC for these fraudulant lending pratices. GE Money should not be allowed to lend money to consumers.

View more comments (18)

GE Money Banks has no ethics

You make your payment on time but they say because it's not early enough or because it's a weekend the payment is not on time. Even though it's the due date. I've had this "no interest" account but they sure have managed to get more money out of me for supposed late fees. The company has no ethics and are out to gouge whoever they can. Customer service is a joke. I've made a complaint to Bassett Furniture. They need to find somewhere else to do their financing. I hope if they get enough complaints they will lose their business. Making complaints to GE Money Bank doesn't do any good. They don't care.

uh oh, i have a credit limit with them with gutters we put on the house. THanks for the heads up :roll