Show reviews that mention
credit account card payment money credit card bank people phone payments
Filter review

Ge Money Bank - Credit card

I have a line of credit with GE money my finance charge went up to 26.99% and payment of 406.00 a month they are nuts....I have told them That I can not pay that much .... High Gas bills for our car food high and credit cards that keep making higher rates on the charge cards lighten up alot of people are not rich.some one is going to to do some thing soon I heard that people are riding bikes , a bus to work to not pay gas prices you get one small bag of food and it is 25.00 .

Ge Money Bank - Double wammy from GE MoneyBank

I opened a "in store" credit card by GE moneybank and bought a tractor. It is reported on my credit report as paid/never late, closed by consumer. Also, on my credit report is the same account charged off sold to another company. This company is Arrow Finiancial. Both of these were opened in the same month and year, they are also for the same amount. I have contacted GE MoneyBank, only to be referred to Arrow. I have made numerous attempts to contact Arrow, I have only received voicemail and not received any calls back. If you ask me this could be easy money for both companies. I have tried to dispute it to just have it updated. If I hadn't bought my house, I would probably never had known it was there twice.

Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision

#19826

I have several accounts handled by GE Money Bank. I always pay on time.

Went to pay one of them online today which was paid on June 4th and saw that it was to be paid on June 30th which made me a day late on my payment.

When I called them to ask why this happened they said they had changed their billing to every 20 days! This is twice a month this bill is now due.Also the 2 people I talked to were from India and basically told me too bad!

View more comments (1)
ID

GE MONEY BANK keep harassing me and even try to force me to pay even though i told i haven't spend i

Ge MONEY BANK has been harassed me and really frustrated because i told them i didn't use the money from the credit they've approved to me.It seems to me they're trying to collect money from in anyway.I believe GE MONEY BANK have a connection with the doctor who suppose to do surgery for me and i later cancel the surgery within days advance.I told them to contact the doctor who charged me they didn't want to because they're trying to make commission and tell me they will send it to bill collectors.please contact me in this email. ricarddubuisson@yahoo.com
#101970

I to have been harrases by GE money bank. I lost my job and have been paying the something each month.

I get two to three phone calls per week because they want a full payment. I can't do it because I am not working and recieving unemployment.

They just keep it up what can I do/ I have checks to prove that I did pay them. Not the full amount but some each month

GEMB ignores valid customers complaints unless they come from the government. File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Office of Thrift Supervision(OTS)

FTC compiles complaint data for other agencies and OTS actually works on your behalf to resolve the situation in your favor.

OTS has resolved 2 different issues for me, one with WAMU and most recently GEMB.

IF YOU DO NOT TELL THE GOVERNMENT - NOTHING WILL BE DONE

that is so true ge money bank is a total unethical scam i would never recommend them not even to my worst enemy they are just wrong

View more comments (2)

GE Money Bank & Refund of Deceased Father's Account

My father passed away suddenly in Sept. 07. As executor, I settled with his creditors and thought I was done with them. Unfortunately, I later made the mistake of returning a new product my father had purchased just a week prior to his death. The company had a policy of crediting the credit card rather than sending the money directly to me. I didn't think that would be a problem and that since GE was so ready to take my money they'd be forthcoming with the refund. Ha! Since February, I have been trying to get the refund from GE Money Bank. I have written 3 letters, made several phone calls, and am now seeking legal support in this matter. If I've learned anything as an executor of an estate, it's to ignore the credit cards and pay them after everything else is done. BUT I'm a "good consumer." If only I didn't settle my father's account! Now, I have to tolerate the condenscension and ignorance of the GE Probate department. Their intimidation practices run the gamut from the commanding message to silence when put on hold. There's not one person in this office that can give me a definitive answer. I gather that the only way I'll get their attention is by hiring an attorney and suing GE Money Bank.

GE MONEY BANK IGNORING DESPUTE

I SIGNED UP WITH PURE WEIGHT LOSS IN OCTOBER. $425 FOR SERVICES AND $1,000 WITH CARECREDIT (GE MONEY BANK) FOR PRODUCTS OBTAINED DURING THE COURSE OF THE YEAR. PURE WEIGHT LOSS CLOSED THEIR DOORS IN JANUARY. THERE WAS $694.00 IN PRODUCTS THAT WERE NEVER RECEIVED. I FILLED A DESPUTE FORM AND WAS SENT EXPRESS MAIL TO CARECREDIT THAT WAS RECEIVED BY THEM FEB 26. I HAVE A USPS RECEIPT THAT IT WAS RECEIVED. MANY PHONE CALLS WERE MADE & THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY STATUS ON THE DESPUTE. BEWARE OF DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH GE MONEY BANK. ALL COMPLAINTS SEEM TO BE OUTSOURCED TO ANOTHER COUNTRY

So you have to force them to resolve it. They only way to do that is to file formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

GEMB CANNOT IGNORE THE COMPLAINTS THAT COME FROM OFFICE OF THRIFT SUPERVISION

I know it gets expensive, but continue to send certified letters and copy the BBB and Attorney General Office of your state. They have to respond to the BBB within 30 days.

Keep bugging everybody!

Be persistent. Don't give up!

I am in the same type of boat. I have an unresolved issue with Care credit (GE money bank) that has now gone unresolved for 2+ years and continues to smash my credit score for a purchase(similar) where product/service was never received.

Not sure where to go from here.

I am trying ot buy a house, but due to care credit it does not look promising at all.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Ge Money Bank - GE Money - store card scam.

Store cards with GE Capital / GE Money behind them as backers are best avoided. GE's latest scam is to fail to follow a customer's instructions to close a store card account and then bill the same customer for something a year or so later. It's a waste of time writing to their accounts office - they simply send you yet another demand for payment / threatening letter & irritate you further on a Sunday morning with a "request for payment" phone-call! Big stores such as Debenham's (and others?) ought to know better by now than to use the services of this incompetent / dishonest financial trader. Steer clear of this bunch of shysters! Seb.

If in the US - file formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

They VIOLATE FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT AND FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT.

If you do not report your problems with them - it will never be fixed.

GE Money Bank =Thieves

GE Money Bank is a group of cheats, sneaks and liars. They build their fortune on trickery of unsuspecting consumers. Do not under any circumstances to business with this company. Before accepting credit or delayed payment/no interest programs from a business like Kohls, Steinmart, WalMart, JC Penney, Drexel Heritage, make sure their credit company is NOT GE Money Bank. If it is, you can be assured of them stealing money from you at every opportunity. They are unwilling to acknowledge their own errors and will ruin your credit if you don't pay on their terms no matter what!

Ge Money Bank - Credit card

I was sent information that I qualified for a credit card from Walmart. Since I shop all the time at Walmart I filled it out. I was rejected because they could not verify my identity. I have been at the same bank for about (40) forty years and have a major credit card plus several department credit cards. I did not think that changing your last name meant your identity changed duh. My social security number is still the same. Perhaps the person reviewing my application did not understand English or that women change their last names okay Zelmon Dykes
steve l

could anybody send me there address??

steve l

i'm glad to hear that your not having any trouble with your accounts but for be i have trouble with one account.the billing statement never gets to my house on time,hmm does that mean i'm gonna get a late charge?? i've made a mistake when i wrote them my payment,i called the number on the back of my but they can't confirm that its me.my ss# has been the same for 57 yrs and i've never movied. i need there address to send them the rest of my payment,i guess i'm gonna have to wait to they send me a late charge notice to get there address.i'm lost for words

:eek :eek :eek

I applied for a walmart card inside the local walmart, on one of those computers. I just recieved a letter in the mail sayin "unable to verify identity." Can they not indentify anyone??? What's the problem?

Same problem here.. Could Not Confirm Identy..

WTF..

I've had the same name, SS# for 38 yrs..

same House, ph# for 15 yrs.. I thought maybe I typed the wrong SS# so I redid the app and they TD me for "too recent application" and they offer NO Email nor ph# to contact them

The same thing happend to me, only with a Chevron card that GE Money Bank has in its family.

"Could not confirm identity"

Hummmmmmmm

Thats strange as I have over a dozen GE accounts, that include Care Credit, Walmart,Brooks Brothers, Midas and more.

View more comments (5)

CareCredit/GE Money Bank is not returning my overpayment

I overpaid this credit card and requested for my money back since I will not use their credit card anymore. However, everytime I call they just keep giving excuses. At first they said it takes 30 days to investigate why I overpaid. I patiently waited but when I followed up they said they have mailed the check but if I ask for the check information like check number and date they can't provide any information. And if I asked for a check reissue they will say that it will take one to two months again. Help! What kind of company is this?!!!!! How many months do they need to process a check???

I have been looking into how to start a class action lawsuit against these thieves. Any information?

Same problem with me. They double debited my account for a payment and now I have to jump through hoops to get my money back. Real losers!

DO NOT USE CARECREDIT! I have gotten no where with them... They wont even respond to my lawyer.

I recently was laid off and after depleting my savings I contacted Care Credit / GE Money Bank to inquire if a previous over payment could be applied to the current month. They (Mary) in customer service, shared that nothing could be done as previous over payments could not be applied.

Care Credit/ GE Money Bank, however, did share that they could postpone a payment.in order not to accrue late fees. Helpful, yes, but under the current economic downturn, couldn't something be done for GE to rethink their accounting options?

i have the same issue, except i never even used my card and they still automatically withdrew money from my account, i have had the run around for three months, i am going file a comlplaint

CareCredit will not work with you to lower your extremely high interst rates so that you can pay off your debt faster.

Tell them to cancel the first check and to send a new one immediately (get the check number before it goes out). Ask about getting them to deposit directly into your account.

View more comments (6)

Ge Money Bank - Cancellation of Lien

I purchased orv from bright powersports, and you people have the account, I paid the account off and I have not recieved the cancellation of lien yet what is the problem? it has been paid off since the end of dec. of 2007. The acct.# is 6019204200336166. My name is Ken Pollick and my e-mail address is kppcap@comcast.net also I don't think I should of had to pay interst since it was paid off from the start, it was paid off in 2007 but had to pay interest in Jan. of 2008. I can't it you are slow, or maybe you are trying to get more interest.

I was hoping to get insight on how to get me lien from purchasing a scooter. By looking at this site and reading Ken Pollick's situation, I feel robbed of my time that I will never get back.

Maybe Ken is from India like all of the GE Money Bank employees. Go back to 3rd grade and learn how to speak!

you're a ***... First of all this isn't hosted by GE Money so putting your name and account number does sweet fudge all.

"I can't it, you are slow"??? Are you retarded?

View more comments (1)