Ge Money Bank Reviews

Show reviews that mention
credit account card payment money credit card bank people phone payments
Filter review

The truth

I opened this account strictly because I was a worker in 2009 for Sam's Club ;which sponsors GE money bank credit card for Sam's Club ..Sams Club is a great place, but GE money bank taking over their accounts has screwed me over first of all not only did they change my annual percentage time three times, but they also refused to refund me any charges that were not my fault. I even was treated poorly from a manager at the call center. I decided to close my account just because I was so angry they didn't even try to fix things.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 011713_pc_AnonSC** I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with your name and phone number.

A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.For your security, please do not include your account number in your email. Regards, Nicole GE Capital

Orlando, Florida

Don't use GE Money Bank

I opened an account at Haverty's Furniture later found out that my payments needs to go to GE Money..... Not a problem. I've made my payments on time never late. Went on line to pay my bill in December, and my payment went from $64.00 to $118.00.... So I called, was told that I was on a promotional offer for 18 months. I didn't remember, but okay!! January comes and my payment is know $172.00... I call again. I have spoken to at least 7 different people and I felt like I was talking to the wall... Found out my interest rate is at 29.99%. Again I called trying to lower the interest, another wall, the answer" sorry we are unable to lower the interest" I asked why " we don't sorry nothing we can do". I again called maybe somebody can help. Same answer nothing we can do. I told the customer person that I'm not able to pay that much.... I have a sick child and we've been dealing with some issues not sure if my baby will make it every day her eyes open is a good day.... I was told by a manager that we can't help you!!!!! Never use this company!!!! My child can Die but all this company wants is a payment. WOW!!

What ever you do do not have any dealings with Synchrony Bank that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed there name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank.

As far as the merchants that use them they are just as bad especially Pay Pal Smart Connect Pay Pal. GE Capital needs to Toss the cartoon man at the type writer & can Nicole who must be a about a billion years old, that is how much they have made in "Illegal Activities" with consumers.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 011613_pc_Anonymous1**

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to get some additional information so we can try and resolve the issue.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with the following information:

Baltimore, Maryland
Loss

I am stuck!! I keep paying and I owe more!!

I have been paying on my Care Credit Medical Card off and one for a long time. I just get started paying and I get new bills with a new collection agency and I owe more than I started with. I have paid them more than I owe. The account has been closed for some time, so there are no new charges. I keep getting threats and bills and I am suffering anxiety from this whole thing. I have tried and tried to clear this up and have paid several times with no resolution, only more threats and new collections calls.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 011513_pc_Anonymous2**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to get some additional information so we can try and resolve the issue. Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with the following information:

Niceville, Florida

Care creidt

Years ago I was approved for a limited credit line of 1,600.00 only with my Father as a co-signer. The dentist office kept adding to the account for charges as they would keep me in the chair for a LONG time explaining things to me over and over about my teeth and what would happen down the road. I would say try this first and they would of course tell me that my teeth would fall out. I would tell them that my credit was for X amount of dollars and they always told me "Oh, it's okay we will figure out something. Little did I know the dental office was getting more approvals on my limit of credit and GE would OK it without my Fathers approval so now after 12,000.00 yes $12,ooo.oo dollars and four teeth falling out later I am paying this bill off as much as a car payment a month. I sent info to the company explaining what this dentist did and my teeth falling out with proof of good care after I left the quake of a dentist I was seeing and they sent back a letter sorry we can't help you. I am so made at them my Father is responsible for this bill and of course I am paying it due to my father helping me in my time of need. I thought this dentist was starting a credit line for me and not doing the approvals behind my back. I just thought I was paying for the year of free credit on the 1600.00 that was approved for. I am disabled and my Father is in his 80's . I think this dentist and care credit "sorry" GE money bank are the most predatory scammer I have EVER dealt with in my life.

GE Capital Retail Money Bank has changed its name Three (3) times first name GE Capital, second name GE Capital Money Bank and the third change GE Capital Retail Money Bank. As you can see they always have the word "MONEY" in their name and they should really have "MONEY" in their name because that is all that matters to them!

You don't I don't and millions of people out there don't. They use all the tricks in the book plus make up their own! If you want to see just how BAD they are go and look at the documents that I have uploaded and you will see they have gotten totally out of control. The agencies state and federal can't even keep up with their "Crooked Tactics".

In fact they are so brazen they actually called Bank of America a lier even when showed the document of where they WIPED out my account without my permission! They lied to the District Attorney's Office in Santa Clara, CA! This is the way they make their BILLIONS! They have a lot of pull with someone high up to get away with what they are doing and have been doing for years to the consumers.

Someone's pockets are getting lined by this corrupt bank who makes money anyway they can and they don't care how they do it or who they squash on the way to continuing to make their "BILLIONS"! Go to "Crook-A-Titus" and "*** Titus" Disease and you will see ACTUAL documents with their BOLD FACE LIES! Heck "The Consumer Financial Protection Agency” which I refer to as “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau” they actually sent one of my complaints on this crooked bank to another company! Which was mentioned NO WHERE IN MY COMPLAINT!

This Screwed up Agency has been in business since 2011 and is DOING NOTHING to stop THE CORRUPTION they allow this bank to get away with! They see nothing wrong with this type of business practice. You can see this in the actual documents I have uploaded to this website. This agency “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau” was founded in 2011 for “Reform on Wallstreet” well I guess the new reform on wallstreet was created so that banks like GE Capital Retail Money Bank that handles credit cards for “Wallmart”, JC Penny, Target, etc.

just go online and see just how many merchants let this bank *** and then go and look at how much they BRAG about making its “BILLIONS” at the consumers expense. Yes, Frank and Dodd which this agency was created for are real reform all right real reform! What a joke! Believe it or not your screwed along with all the rest of the consumers who get sucked into this EVIL bank and the EVIL government agencies that give them “CART BLAC” to make up their own rules, regulations, late fees, charging illegal amounts etc.!

They even change their late fee amounts from $25.00 and $35.00 to $15.95! They tell you to pay more then you owe and when you do they don't apply the whole amount, unbelievable really? So, we have to get it out there to let people know NOT to do business with businesses that associate with this “EVIL CORRUPT *** BANK”! This agency which has been in business since 2011 doesn't care how they do business!

This agency was created to help the consumer. Well, when you go and research who created it you will find that this agency is called “The Wall Street Reform Act” created by Frank and Dodd! Now do I need to tell you more! In fact ALL those documents that have been uploaded are A-OK with all the agencies The Office of the Comp Controller, The Department of Financial Institutions, The Federal Trade Commission, The Department of Justice etc., these agencies have turned over my complaints to these idiots at The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which by the way police themselves, now need I say more?

They are even more A-OK with “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau”. Money talks if you don't have it your screwed! That is what “Corporate America” continues to achieve anyway they can and anyone they can bribe to continue to get away with it and believe me they do! The POWER is with the people the consumer.

If we can not use credit cards that this “EVIL BANK” is associated with then maybe we can win!

Hit them where it hurts and that is their “BILLIONS” or “MONEY” which they have kept in all their name changes. Which I'm positive that they have made illegally.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 010713_pc_Anonymous2**

We are sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to get some additional information. Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with the following information:

Madison, Wisconsin
$12000

GE Money Bank - JCPenney Credit Card

I was approved for a $200 credit limit with JCPenney on 12/2010. In January, 2011; I received my bill after the due date of 1/06/11. I called on the 14th to make my payment and I was told that my account is under a fraud alert. After many attempts to pay in January. I finally received a agent that accepted my payment on February 05th; made two payments. After all this, all my payments were made and drafted through my checking acct. Not one of was ever posted to my JCPenney acct. I was told in January to submit proof of my identity and I did. Again, they claim that it was never received. But I was never told this until I called to make my payment in March. So again, this time I sent all my info certified. I received a letter on or around the mid of April that - my three accts with GE will be closed: JCPenney, Old Navy (never used), American Eagle (never used). All payments from February to April were drafted out of my checking acct by JCPenney. My acct was sent to all three credit bureaus as closed/ never late (because of too many inquiries and non payments),and with a balance of $238.00. In July, i was applying for a loan and was told that JCPenney is on my credit report as $328 and negative 3 months. I was given no justice with GE Money nor with their associates. After years of finally getting credit where it belongs - it was ruined again with no resolution.

Have to go to court because JC penny sole my deat of $435 dollars. And a bank that l never dealt with are saying l owe them almost $2,000 dollars. Never do bisness with them that lie and won't help you and sell your card to other people its all about money for them.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 010213_pc_ycantu6886**

We’d like to speak with you regarding your accounts and try to assist.. Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

Dallas, Texas

G.E. care credit sucks

Because the loss of my parents just a few months apart, I became behind in my payments, so I authorized G.E. to debit my checking account until I was caught up. At the time I belived to be up on my payments I called to confirm. I spoke with someone in India, I asked them if I was caught up, she replied she sees nothing on her screen that indicates that I have any payments that are still due. I proceed to submit my payment online through my bank, to keep up on my payments. Then G.E. debits my checking account and i just paid them online, when I called there they don't have clue what my complaint was about they continued to debit my account so I was making double the payment which caused my others checks to bounce, causing insufficient funds in my account. I contacted my bank which took legal action against G. E. At that point I had to close my checking account and open a new one. Nearly close to paying off my balance. I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER EVER TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM. Let me concluded my mother had account with them they closed it in 2005 the balance wasn't paid off a $2000 loan became $13,000, because of interest they are now going after the estate, I have a lawyer and going to court

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 010213_pc_Anon2**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with the following information:

Allen Park, Michigan

Stole money

The company is buch of theives. Put money on moneypak as they requested.. They would call u back in 20 mins. Didnt call back.. I called them, told me they call me back in 20 more mins.. Found out they took money on the moneypak.. The company should b shut down n close.. Taking money from hard working people .. The government aint doing ***** about it.. All they are are theives n liars. Cant believe they are allowed to keep this up. So have have scams n liars n theives working in this company.. What else do we hahave hidden.. This is ***

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account and would like to help. The prepaid WalMart card is managed by Green Dot.

Please email them at customer.advocacy@***.com your name and contact information. They will research this matter and assist.Regards, NicoleGE Capital

I can't believe people fall for this *** It was not GE Money Bank! It was a scam that you fell for. Why would anyone think a legitimate company would due business this way?!?

Bozeman, Montana
Loss

Worst system I have ever dealt with.

Used to have an account years ago. Now I am trying to set up another account and can't get any information whatsoever...Can't get on to pay my bill online. Can't get any information over the phone to clear the old account an start a new one. Can't talk to a person direct to clear the information. After I pay this bill I will never use GE Money again. Also, why do I need to have a minimum of 100 words? *** is what I call it. I am nearing my 100 words and I hope you had an eyeful.
Buena Park, California

GE Care Credit/STROKE LEVEL

Do NOT get a GE Care Credit Card unless you want your blood pressure to go off the charts. I have had to call them twice, once just to ask to increase my credit limit, which I got the run around, transfered several times, was given a different #, disconnected twice, same info had to repeat over and over, finally got my increase. Recently, called because I couldn't get on line to pay my bill, "system error", ever since Friday evening. Tried to call over the weekend, closed till Monday. Been on the phone ALL day today, 5 different times, put on hold, told to wait 2 hrs to try again, do this, do that, wait 3 hrs to try again, demanded to speak to a supervisor, waited 30 minutes to talk to her. I told her what everyone else told me, she tells me something different. Told them to mail me a bill, I will pay it and I will cancel my card. GRRRRRRRRR!

You can go to Rip-Off Report #114**** you will see where an "Employee" has stated in a "Rebuttal" what accounts they hold with companies that have them for a bank. I don't know why they are allowed to continue to do the same things over and over and over again & are allowed to continue to do business under several names. If this bank were truly sorry & meant what they told you the same thing would not continue to happen under any of these names these "Crooks" have. As far as the merchants that use them they are just as bad especially Pay Pal Smart Connect Pay Pal.

According to Jason in India (India time 6/30/14 at 6:50 am according to Jason) when Missy from the United States of America Arizona transferred me to him. He informed me that the system doesn’t take the decimal & once I paid the that would make my current credit availability $1600.00. So how can sixty-two cents .62 be completely left out of the equation because the system doesn’t recognize the decimal?

What? We are $.62 cents difference here make my overall credit balance $1,600.00. What is up with that?

Maybe that might explain where all my one cent & two cent overpayments have gone? Who knows with these CROOKS they just keep getting more & more creative.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 112812_pc_Sapatterson1008**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

@Nicole Kgs

Is your little man (cartoon) at the typewriter going to change at all under your fourth name Synchrony Bank? Also will you soon be retiring anytime soon "Nicole" or will you continue to post that you all really care?

Saint Louis, Missouri

Wouldn't refund deposit or my loan

I was contacted by a Mr. Daniel Wilson that I was approved for a loan of $3,000 if I only would place a deposit of $150 on three(3) Wal-Mart Money Cards on Friday. I proceeded to deposit $50 on each of the Wal-Mart Money Cards that were being asked of me. I provided all the necessary information that was asked of me. I was told that I would be contacted in 30 minutes of my providing the card numbers. I called again after about 45 minutes to confirm my loan. I was informed by Mr. Wilson that I would be receiving a call and a text in about 20 minutes. I never heard back from him or anyone with the company about my loan. I continued to try to contact Mr. Wilson with no contact made. I finally reached Mr. Wilson on Monday morning and was told that I needed to put up another $300 before I could get my loan. I advised Mr. Wilson that I was asking to cancel my loan and would like my $150 deposit refunded. I was told by Mr. Wilson that I wasn't going to receive my refund unless I provided him with the other $300 he was asking for. I advised Mr. Wilson that I wasn't asking for the loan and all I wanted was my money refunded. Mr. Wilson told me that I had no right to that money. As I was advising Mr. Wilson that I was going to file a police report and also report him and his company to the Better Business Bureau. He told me that I could do whatever I wanted because he had all the proof he needed to show the police that I had applied for so many loans and was denied. I advised Mr. Wilson that it was not against the law to apply for loans and when I told him that I had every right to my refund, he hung up on me. I called back and informed Mr. Wilson that it ws very rude for him to hang up on customers. He stated that he had every right to hang up on me since I had no right no raise my voice to him. I told him that I had every right as an upset customer to raise my voice, but not once did I ever curse as him. I just received a phone call from Mr. Wilson (time of call: 4:13 pm. CST) and he DEMANDED the $300 and I just hung up on him.

I applied for loans on line and kept getting linked to others. Them when "GE Money" contacted me they informed me that I could get a loan for $2000 with a payment of $115 a month for 2 years.

I thought it was to good to be true. I asked them what was the interest on this loan and how much was I looking to be paying back at the end of the 2 years. He told me $2756!!! I still couldn't believe it.

I wanted some sort of documents so that I can read and verify what they were telling me. Still waiting. Then he said I had to either get a co-signer or co-guarantor and provide 6 mths of bank statements or a Repayment Capacity Verification Procedure, which is to verify that I have $200 on hand. I said I never heard such a thing and how was he going to verify this.

He said I would need to show it through one of the verification voucher which I will get it from nearest 7/11, Rite-Aid, Dollar General or Radio Shack. I asked if he wanted me to send him my money, he said no.

So I am still trying to figure out how is he going to verify my funds without seeing them and why do I have to do all of this just to get a freaken loan. Has anyone ever heard such a thing?

I too have fallen for this scam. Donna please let me know if your efforts to have money refunded have been successful.

Well, I wasn't the only one that fell for it. I've heard that others have been given the same line but as my local police department stated is that it's still considered theft because they are a company that stated they were legit and the money was guaranteed and they are using Wal-Mart as their accessory to the crime. The police, BBB and Attorney General have all been contacted about this and they guarantee that it will be resolved and the money refunded.

Gee, you fell for a scam! You lost that money. Next time, be more carefull.

View more comments (4)
San Antonio, Texas
Loss

Someone at your company stole from me!!

my e mail is princessareala@***.net and my name is Linda I applied for a loan with GE Money Bank and a rep from the company said I was approved and could get a 1000.00$ loan once I proved I could make payments they told me to get a money pack and it would be used to prove my ability to come up with the money on time, because of my bad credit I thought it was a normal thing to ask for I was told the money would not be taken but it was and they still want more before I can supposedly get my loan, now the money they stole from me was only 100.00$ but it caused a chain of events leaving more financial damage to my checking account, and now that damage ruins my credit and pocket book I live SSI disability I get paid once a month I don't have any way to get money, no friends or family to help me out so I am more than pissed your company did this and if someone has stolen your identity to scam people out of money than is that not fraud?? and not only is my name being ruined in my credit score but your company is getting a bad name and you should put a fraud alert up, if that's the case on the web where your business is looked up because I thought it was safe to do this based on looking up the business name and when I saw it was a real bank, I made my mistake if no one returns my e mail I'll consider that your part of this scam and report you to the BBB and any one else who will listen. I'm pissed, about to lose my home because that money was to pay rent, and very hungry because I used my food money to front that 100.00$ and I'm diabetic with no food in my house, if you also a victim of this scam I'm sorry for *** at you. Linda...

yes its a scam and i have also reported it to the better business bureau they also told me to purchase a one vanilla from walgreens and put money on card to receive a western union tracking number the names of the guys that called me said they names were jason and then an alex called me also.

Linda,

GE Capital provides private label and bankcard credit programs to retailers and consumers in the United States and Canada. We do not provide personal loans via the purchase or use of prepaid money cards, nor do we call or email potential customers to request personal information to establish prepaid cards or personal loans. The offer you outline above appears to be an attempt to fraudulently obtain money or access your confidential financial information and is not associated with, authorized or sponsored by GE Capital or GE Capital Retail Bank. If you believe you have been a victim, you should contact local authorities. More information is available at www.ftc.gov.

As a reminder, to protect your identity and the security of your financial accounts, never give your personal credit card or other financial information to people who call or email you without verifying who they are.

If you have provided your confidential information and are unsure of whether or not it was for a legitimate GE Capital program, please email us at gecapitalcares@***.com to reach our consumer advocacy team. Please be sure to include your name, a contact phone number and your question or concern; however, for your security do not include any account numbers or other confidential information in your email. If the information was not requested from GE Capital, we will direct you to your local legal authorities for assistance.

you probably applied on the internet to a fraudulent website which is not GE moneybank, its a foreigner who tricked you into leaving your personal info on their website and then tricked you into sending them money.

View more comments (3)
Spokane, Washington

Pissed

My name is Donald Mintz from 4344 Sawmill Road, Leland, N.C. 28451- Niagara Credit Solution, Inc. tells me that I own G.E. Money Bank $4654.59. Please tell me how this happen, when I never have done bussiness with G.E. Money Bank and never heard of them. Please send me paper proof to my address above to show me were I own GE this money. The last and only Department store credit card that I own was about 1986 or 1987 and that was a Lowe's card some 22 year ago and it expired around 1991 with the balance paid in full. Please prove to me that I owed you anything! Thank you, Donald Mintz

It is a scam! Fake companies will send you bills thinking that you will believe that you owe money, and if you pay them, they just keep the cash.

It is up to THEM to prove that you owe the money, and of course they can't/won't do that.

I say: ignore them or demand proof.

Louisville, Kentucky

GECapital login problem

I too have been having the same problem loging into to my account since they made changes to their website a few months ago. First it won't take my login informaton or let me change it, then I could not get past the secret question because there is a "toolbar shadow" ontop of the "submit button". So, every month I have to call my payment in and they have to waive the $15 charge for phone payments since it is not my fault. It is an ongoing issue I hope they will be able to change very very soon:(

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 100812_pc_yayatootie**

I’m sorry you are having problems accessing your account online. While the majority of customers are able to log in, some are experiencing intermittent issues. We’d like to help resolve this and ensure you have access.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with the following information:

Livingston, New Jersey

Never ending calls!!!!

They are driving us crazy with the never ending calls. They call when we are asleep and changing our credit card fees. If I wanted it changed, I would call them back. I don't call them back because I don't want to deal with them. I do not want to change my fees. I want to be left alone. Stop calling!!! They assume everyone has the same daytime hours that they have. Well guess what, we don't!! Please for the love of GOD stop calling. Yes I said GOD!!! Did that offened you enough to stop calling me? What can I do to stop the calls? Who can I talk to?

Don't have anything to do with Synchrony Bank that is the new name they have now. This is the fourth name change for them.

They needed to get away from GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank. These all start with the letter "G" they needed to get as far away as possible from this letter but not from making "Illegal G's". You can see what companies do business with these crooks on one of the "Rebuttals" from a Loyal Employee this lists all the companies that do business with them.

In my opinion they are just as guilty for they allow it to continue. They do get a piece of the action.

How are they going to know to stop calling if you don't answer and tell them? This one is your fault for ducking their calls and expecting them to go away. Be an adult and actually handle your problems.

Clintwood, Virginia

I had to learn the hard way again!!!

I knew better! I had a hard time with Care Credit accounts in the past. They always charged $30. to $40. per month for "processing fees"; heaven forbid you accrue a late charge as well -- you'll never dig yourself out of the hole! However, this time I thought it would be different... I had a tragedy on my hands and couldn't afford it. Care Credit offered to loan me the money with no interest for one year. If I paid $200. a month, I would pay it off before interest was due. Each month I tried to pay $200. Several months, like others here experienced, I received a statement saying that no payment was due that month (presumably because I had paid more the month before). Au contraire! The year is almost up, and even though I have been making payments all along, I now owe MORE than my original balance!!! If I don't pay it all off at once, they'll charge me even more interest in one big lump! GE Care Credit are criminals, pure and simple. They prey on those who don't have the money to defend themselves. We are better off trying to find a way to pay up front or forgo medical procedures as opposed to dealing with these crooks!

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 091012_pc_RCheshire**

Orlando, Florida