Ge Money Bank Banking Service Review

I called for an hour trying to use the same info I have used for the past who knows how long..and now all the sudden it's different..it's the same numbers since I had my account..I will not pay anymore..I will put money in an escrow account and when we go to court I will have my phone statements..then you can pull the phone conversations. And then on top of it you want to ask me for my whole social security number..your out of your minds

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Ge Money Bank - Run around concerning lowering interest rate

I CALLED SAM'S CLUB CREDIT CARD COMPANY TWO MONTHS AGO TO OBTAIN INFORMATION ON LOWERING MY INTEREST RATE ON MY SAMS CARD. THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY INFORMED ME THAT THEY DON'T LOWER INTEREST RATES ON CREDIT CARDS.

I WROTE A LETTER TO GE BANK ASKING THAT MY INTEREST RATE ON MY CREDIT CARD BE LOWERED.

TODAY (6.10.13)I CALLED THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY (GE BANK)TO FIND OUT THE STATUS OF MY LETTER AND WAS TOLD BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THAT HE WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEND MY A LETTER OUT ON THE STATUS OF MY REQUEST FOR LOWER INTEREST RATE. THIS CREDIT CARD COMPANY NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED BY THE FEDERAL BANKING COMMITTEE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Comments

dklisiak
San Francisco, California, United States #663099

Please go to the several complaints about GE Capital Retail Bank that I have filed on this site. You will find documents that have been down loaded by me that show just how corrupt this bank & credit card company are & all the paperwork is on their letterheads etc., & your right something needs to be done.

For it to be this bad someone in my opinion is on the take here. I have been dealing with what happened to me in October of 2011 & to this day they continue to get away with all the illegal things that they do to customers & what they did to me, they make billions. File complaints with The Department of Justice, The Department of Financial Institutions, The District Attorney's Office where GE Capital Retail Banks corporate office is, The Federal Trade Commission, The BBB, The Consumer Affairs Department, The FDIC & the Department of Banking etc. Don't waste filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which is about 2 years old now.

They sent one of my complaints to a company that wasn't even mentioned in my complaint about this bank & card company totally unreal really, what a waste of tax payers money. I now call them "The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau".

Ge Money Bank - Log In Issues

I tried to pay our Midas account through GE Bank. Guess what!!

Same problem as everyone else. I called them and told them them that their online bill paying service is lousy. They are no help whatsoever. With all the complaints they got you would think that they would do something!

Right, I may as well hold my breath before their IT people get it. This is the only company I have a problem with when it comes to paying our bill. Worse, they charge you $35 for a phone payment.

So much for banking reform. These guys are terrible.

Ge Money Bank - Checking account number GEMONEY BANK

I have 2 acct that GEMONEY HAS TAKEN OVER,THESE PEOPLE ARE REAL JERKS.THEY WILL NOT TAKE THE SAME BANK INFORMATION FOR BOTH ACCT .STATES I NEED TO ADD ANOTHER BANK.How many people have a banking acct for each bill they pay.Than THEY MAKE YOU CHECK AUTO PAY SO THEY CAN TAKE IT OUT EACH MONTH.Really need a new system .Or some people who can speak English. They pay these folks zero,and we have to deal with them.

PLease get your on line pay account up to speed.

OR accept mail only.I have been on thiscoumputer for almost 2 hours. GEMONEY need to pay me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Comments

GECapitalCares

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code 050912_pc_Salisbury**

I’m sorry you are having problems regarding your account. We’d like to speak with you and assist. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

GE Capital

Ge Money Bank - WHO PROOF READS GE CAPITAL BANK LETTERS?

Received a letter in mail telling me that my recent payment was sent to my previous credit service provider. "You were notified of a change in ownership of your account.

If you utilize on line banking you need to update the address with your banking service. I tried. Guess what? The address they included in the letter does not match the zip code provided so my bank cannot make the change!!!

To add insult...the letter dated l/04/12 arrived very late....I just called them. They made a mistake....The new address is in Atlanta GA not Orlando FL. Should I charge them a distress fee?

How about a 35.00 charge for a wrong address. They are the worst!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Comments

GECapitalCares

Lucille - Thank you for reaching out. We have left a voicemail at the phone number associated with your account. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to resolve this issue.

Ge Money Bank - GE Money / GE Capital Retail Bank: Federal Banking Violations

Was offered an account at the vet's office in the middle of the night: emergency treatment for the dog. Had left my check book and major credit card at home in the rush of getting the animal to the hospital at 4AM before she died. I have an excellent credit rating so getting immediate approval was not a problem.

I charged the initial vet fee to the account in the middle of the night because that's what's necessary for the vets to treat the animal. And I paid the balance owed the next day with a personal check.

Before the GE Money credit card even came in the mail with the MANDATORY DISCLOSURE information federal law requires, the bill came. With a $35.00 charge for a late fee! When the bill came, I didn't even know what the interest rate was much less the late fee charges!

Without the MANDATORY DISCLOSURE information in compliance with federal law, the consumer has no idea what the charges for interest and penalities may be. Which is why companies offering credit have to DISCLOSE all of that to the consumer at the time credit is offered. No such information is available at the vet's office and none came BEFORE the first bill.

I have closed the account -- who wants to do business with a finance company which cannot comply with federal law? And before I closed it, I paid all of the actual charges for the one vet visit. But I didn't pay the initial late fee charged before the MANDATORY DISCLOSURE was provided to me.

And because I didn't pay the initial late fee -- and I called GE Money and told the rep why I wasn't paying that -- then another late fee was added to the first one!

GE Money reps are calling me now demanding the balance of what's charged on the account. And what's left on the account is $151.00. Which just happens to be the same amount as what's reported in the 2011 Totals Yeat-to-Date as "Total Fees Charged in 2011." In other words: the amount of the single purchase was paid, there were no interest charges and all that's left on the account are multiple late fees for refusing to pay late fees chaged without the MANDATORY DISCLOSURE.

An initial late fee charged in violation of federal law, followed by several more charged after the total of the purchases charged was paid is what's left on the account. And when the GE Money people call, they are vicious. Just vicious. Refuse to listen to what the consumer says even though they eventually are forced to agree that what the consumer says is what the law requires. Doesn't matter. And don't ask for a supervisor to get on the phone: from dealing with serveral reps, it sounds like there are no supervisors because one is never available or can't call back or can't come to the phone or is on lunch break. Ninety-six reasons are given why the consumer can't speak to a supervisor to sort out a problem.

I asked the last rep I spoke to on the phone whether the account had been reported to credit bureaus as delinquent or late. Rep refused to answer that question although she certainly knew the answer. Keeping information from the consumer does nothing positive to sort out problems. Just bad business.

Right now, I'm sending the whole mess about this account to the state concumer commission for investigation. And if I find out that there's a negative report from GE Money on my credit history for late payments after GE Money violated federal law, I'll send the matter on to federal banking authorities as well. It is absolutely a violation of federal law to impose interest charges or penalities of any kind in a consumer credit situation UNLESS and UNTIL the consumer is given the MANDATORY DISCLOSURE information which applies to any credit account.

My advice to anyone else: don't use GE Money or GE Capital Retail Bank or whatever they have changed the name to this week. It changes all the time and perhaps it has to be changed because there are so many public complaints!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Comments

dklisiak

GE Capital Retail Money Bank has changed its name Three (3) times first name GE Capital, second name GE Capital Money Bank and the third change GE Capital Retail Money Bank. As you can see they always have the word "MONEY" in their name and they should really have "MONEY" in their name because that is all that matters to them!

You don't I don't and millions of people out there don't. They use all the tricks in the book plus make up their own! If you want to see just how BAD they are go and look at the documents that I have uploaded and you will see they have gotten totally out of control. The agencies state and federal can't even keep up with their "Crooked Tactics".

In fact they are so brazen they actually called Bank of America a lier even when showed the document of where they WIPED out my account without my permission! They lied to the District Attorney's Office in Santa Clara, CA! This is the way they make their BILLIONS! They have a lot of pull with someone high up to get away with what they are doing and have been doing for years to the consumers.

Someone's pockets are getting lined by this corrupt bank who makes money anyway they can and they don't care how they do it or who they squash on the way to continuing to make their "BILLIONS"! Go to "Crook-A-Titus" and "*** Titus" Disease and you will see ACTUAL documents with their BOLD FACE LIES! Heck "The Consumer Financial Protection Agency” which I refer to as “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau” they actually sent one of my complaints on this crooked bank to another company! Which was mentioned NO WHERE IN MY COMPLAINT!

This Screwed up Agency has been in business since 2011 and is DOING NOTHING to stop THE CORRUPTION they allow this bank to get away with! They see nothing wrong with this type of business practice. You can see this in the actual documents I have uploaded to this website. This agency “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau” was founded in 2011 for “Reform on Wallstreet” well I guess the new reform on wallstreet was created so that banks like GE Capital Retail Money Bank that handles credit cards for “Wallmart”, JC Penny, Target, etc.

just go online and see just how many merchants let this bank *** and then go and look at how much they BRAG about making its “BILLIONS” at the consumers expense. Yes, Frank and Dodd which this agency was created for are real reform all right real reform! What a joke! Believe it or not your screwed along with all the rest of the consumers who get sucked into this EVIL bank and the EVIL government agencies that give them “CART BLAC” to make up their own rules, regulations, late fees, charging illegal amounts etc.!

They even change their late fee amounts from $25.00 and $35.00 to $15.95! They tell you to pay more then you owe and when you do they don't apply the whole amount, unbelievable really? So, we have to get it out there to let people know NOT to do business with businesses that associate with this “EVIL CORRUPT *** BANK”! This agency which has been in business since 2011 doesn't care how they do business!

This agency was created to help the consumer. Well, when you go and research who created it you will find that this agency is called “The Wall Street Reform Act” created by Frank and Dodd! Now do I need to tell you more! In fact ALL those documents that have been uploaded are A-OK with all the agencies The Office of the Comp Controller, The Department of Financial Institutions, The Federal Trade Commission, The Department of Justice etc., these agencies have turned over my complaints to these idiots at The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which by the way police themselves, now need I say more?

They are even more A-OK with “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau”. Money talks if you don't have it your screwed! That is what “Corporate America” continues to achieve anyway they can and anyone they can bribe to continue to get away with it and believe me they do! The POWER is with the people the consumer.

If we can not use credit cards that this “EVIL BANK” is associated with then maybe we can win!

Hit them where it hurts and that is their “BILLIONS” or “MONEY” which they have kept in all their name changes. Which I'm positive that they have made illegally.

Company refuses to send paper statement then calls when they don'yt get pd. They, of course, also add late fees.

On 9/28/12. They received my pymt for of 151 (late fee included) and on 10/23/12. They began once again harassing me concerning a late payment for this month when, again, I received no payment. i refuse to do anything over the phone or internet with them because I don't trust them.

Interestingly they state my balance due is 226.00 because they are charging me for OCT and NOV.!? I will look into FTC complaint to see if anything can be done about these shady business practices.

Very bad customer service> That is once you get someone on the phone.

Furniture purchase.salesman at Room Store quoted a payment of $29.00 monthly. When I got the bill fromm GE it was $51.00.

No one seems to be able to straighten it out for me.

Stiore blames GE. GE seems to have no answer.

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 110111_pcccCMG

GE Capital

In Jan. 2011 I used this credit for my chiropractor.

I was paying it off way ahead of time. I sent all payments in as soon as I got them, (usually 3 weeks in advance). I mailed my second to last payment in as usually and guess what? They said they never recieved it and charged me $35 late fee.

I checked with the post office as I always go in to send out bills and they said that nothing was found. I also checked with the dead letter office and they found nothing either. The check was never cashed. Sounds fishey Huh?

The last payment I sent in online. They must be very evil people.

View more comments

Ge Money Bank - I do not owe anything!

Ringgold,Texas

I made arrangements on July 20, 2010 to pay 1665.29 on the 29th of July and agve my banking info. On the 28th of July I called and taked to a girl named Cheryl and asked her to not send it through my banking account and that I would mail a cashier's check on the 29th of July. She said that would be fine and I mailed it on the 29th as I said I would. It was received by your company on the 3rd of August. I meanwhile had found out that you tried to send it through my bank anyway. I received a bill late August saying that I owed for a returned check charge of 39.99. I again called and they said that they removed that charge. Now I got another bill saying the I owe 39.99 plus late fees. I do not fell this is right at all. You got your full payment when I said that you would and took off the check charge according to your employee. So, I don't owe anything, because I cancelled my account on the 20th of July.

Thank you.

Linda Warren Acct# 6019190904400426

GE Money Bank - Mohawk Account

I obtained a Mohawk (12-months, same as cash) account several years ago to purchase tile and carpeting. Until September 2009 I never had a problem with using the account or repaying it ahead of schedule.

In early September I received a letter from GEMoney Bank indicating the interest rate would increase in November 2009 due to derogatory information noted in my credit report.

I promptly ordered a credit report from Experian and found one derogatory report. I contacted the creditor who explained the information was incorrectly reported and that they would immediately issue a correction to the credit reporting agencies. In turn, I received a letter from the creditor confirming the information was incorrectly reported and that measures were taken to report a correction with the credit agencies.

I mailed a copy of the letter to GEMoney Bank with hopes that this would resolve their desire to increase the interest rate on the same-as-cash account.

The information incorrectly reported was the only derogatory entry in my credit report. In fact, my credit report showed no other accounts had been late (upwards of 60-months history) and that mortgage payments (on my two homes I own) were never late.

Much to my surprise I received a follow-up letter from GEMoney Bank in early October 2009 informing me their original decision to increase the interest rate on the account would stand and become effective November 2009.

When I contacted GEMoney Bank to gain a better understading as to their decision I was given the standard banking run-around and when pressed the customer service manager finally admitted "it was a business decision". To which I offered - with an income of nearly $300,000, a credit score of nearly 800 and current payment status on accounts with upward of 60-months history, I shared with the customer service manager that it really was not a business decision, but simply another way that GEMoney Bank is screwing customers.

I will payoff the same-as-cash account balance, close the account, and never seek credit from GE let alone purchase another GE product in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

GECapitalCares

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 070512_pc_ConsumerPress**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

GE Capital

I am trying to fine out if i can get a card

for my acct#601921070772,Plz.

e-mail Secygonlz2020@hotmail.com

trying to pay my bill online but ge has not sent me any bill statements in the mail or paperless tring to find the website to go to for a mohawk carpet payment please help me

thanks, m z hawks :sigh

GE Money Bank changed dates to collect "Late fees" on same as cash credit offer

I opened an account to pay for tires. I received 6 months no interest by using GEMB. My first due date on my bill was the 17th of the month. I set my electronic banking up to send my monthly payment to arrive on or before the 12th of each month. I recently found a 39.99 late fee and inquired about it.

I learned that they had changed the date to the 17th only in March because "February is a short month".All of my subsequent payments were late and dinged 39.99 each.

Their website is not user friendly. It is impossible to set up e-statements without first stopping paper bills. A step I am unwilling to do until I get confirmation that I have successfully enrolled in the paperless program.

It cost me $168 in late fees to save $68 in finance charges. I learned my lesson about GEMB: read your statement carefully as they will change the dates and then claim that you were duly notified. I will never use their dis-services again.

TO top everything off. I was disconnected after waiting 30 minutes to speak with an "Escalation Specialist". I waited 20 minutes on the follow up call.I also asked to be a part of their quality assurance survey after my call. That did not occur.

I am finished with GEMB. Unfortunately, the tire place will also lose my business for dealing with such a disreputable business.

Comments

:( Hi Im a Mexican resident and had the bad idea of opening a mervyns account with you guessed right GE money bank and OH MY GOD! am I sick of being charged with out of nowhere late fees, they keep changing due dates, banks where I can go pay even stores where I could go and do this payment I had a 200 debt and it has grown to be almost 500! its increbible that this company is trying to end with the good credit it costs so much to have, I tought I was of just a few with this problem but someone told me about this page I hope somebody puts an end to this situation, if I knew what to do to do so I would have done it but its a shame that I dont know where to begin, HELP!!!

I am trying to compile as many complaintants against ge money bank for a class action lawsuit, and if you want to join in contact me at 806-274-1753 or via e-mail at clwest2175@netzero.com

Ge Money Bank - GE Money Does not value its customers!!!

I make large payments via internet banking monthy to GE Money Bank. This month a rather large payment due to a vacation.

They took the money out of my account on 06/10 and as of 06/23 they still have my account on hold becasue it will take "several weeks" to make sure the funds do transfer. My account is 2 yrs old and they can see I make payments every month via the internet with never a problem. That didnt matter. Their non-customer service told me that with all the fraud out there that they couldnt do anything.

I have cut the card into about 200 pcs and and mailing my last payment to them with a account closure letter. I will never use GE MOney for anything every again!!!!!~

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Money Bank Banking Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.