Ge Money Bank - GEMB wrote the book on customer abuse

GE Money Bank, aka "CareCredit" is the most misleading, abusive lending institution I've ever dealt with. I made the mistake of financing my daughter's wisdom tooth extraction through these thieves (at the dental offices' recommendation!!) and found out the hard way how they operate. First, they deliberately "short cycle" you, i.e., they generate your bill so that you'll receive it with 10 days or less to pay. Then, they hold your payment so they can slap you with egregiously abusive "late fees." That's how they make their money. And God forbid you should have to talk to "customer service!" You'll spend hours trying to find the number, then figuring out how to get a live person on the phone, then dealing with a rude, incompetent *** who doesn't care about your side of the story. Please pass this along to everyone you know - AVOID GEMB LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
Ge Money Bank Customer Care

Ge Money Bank - GE CARE CREDIT CARD are a bunch of THEIVES!!

SO I had a GE care credit card for a while now. not only did they tell me it was a year at no interest, but they FORGOT to tell me it would all be deferred!! so in one month from may 8 to June 9, they charged my 3,600.00 in interest. I asked them, no I begged them to work with me and "forgive" some of that interest and those egotistical *** said sorry we can't do anything for you. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE.....DON'T DO IT. 27%interest, get the heck out of here. IF you have this card, pay it off ASAP because they will hit you HARD for the interest. I will NEVER EVER buy from GE again. we need all new appliances, LG here we come, I will never have anything good to say about GE, GE Care credit, GE appliance....they can all go to .....YA, I AM PISSED OFF CUSTOMER!!!
#209043

all true , i was misled to believe that i am eligible( for that specific doctor i talked about with credit care just to make sure and they checked and said yes this doctor offers 6 months interest free but you are eligible to have 24 months interest free) so i even increased my credit limit on the same conversation , charged my card, with knowing that doctor offers 6 month interest free and credit care will give me 24 months interest free) checked back with care credit ang , guess what, they were surprised when i asked them to change extend my promotional term time to 24 months. i checked back with care credit to change 6 months to 24 as it was showing on my account that my promotion will end 6 months later and guess what....

they had no idea what i was talking about. they kept saying that call your doctor....and gave me address i can complain to...customer cervice rude , scums ,misleading liars

GE Care Credit is simply a scam. They literally lie to create any reason to increse your APR to 29.99%.

Do not deal with these scums. Enough said.

Good luck w/ the customer service. Rude, lying, & misleading.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Ge Money Bank - Trying to charge for 44.73 that should have been credited to my acct

Starting in Aug untill current have been trying to get to the bottom of an unissued credit owed my acct. of 44.73 that was charged against my Account for account secrity insurance that was promotional for 60 days at no charge. When I saw the charge I called customer service and was informed that my account would be charged but if I cancelled the service within the 60 day period It would be credited. I told the customer service representative to cancell it. I was informed that I would have to contact account security at the phone number printed beside the charge for the account security. I called that number and cancelled the account security service however the credit has never appeared. I paid the account off in full, about 5000.00 except for the disputed charge. Since then due to finance and late charges the balance has grown from 44.73 to 170.00. GE Money Bank is in my opinion engaging in fraudulent buissiness practaces. liz-korn2002@yahoo.com
Loss

Ge Money Bank - Stole money from my checking account

Debeting my personal checking account using a famous baseball players name . Try to explain that to a monkey worshipping pilgrim . After days on into afternoons into evenings for weeks now several months on end , on the phone with people with little to no training in customer service . I've just begun to fight back and ,willing to join forces to conquer this rouge estabishment . Your going down GE Money Bank / Care Credit ! No More Mr. Nice Guy . What happend to keeping the jobs in the U S A . They owe us all for wasting our valuble time . Not to mention blatently stealing our hard eared cash .Then acting like it is our fault . Then basically getting away with it . How many people out there just lay down and let GE Money Take advantage of them . They won't let you communicate with the accounting department . THIS IS A CRIME .

Paid $60 in June, 2014 and GE Care Credit debited $6,000 from my checking account. When I noticed this and notified them I found this 2 customer care representatives I spoke with over a 2 month period apologized to me and agreed to send me a refund check for the difference.

Each time I received after a week a letter from them denying culpability and claiming it was my mistake and that they didn't owe me any money. Finally I had my banks representative trace down the money GE Care Credit stole out of my account.

GE Care Credit fought, lied and denied all the way but lost due to my banks accounting for what GE Care Credit did with my money with no apologies. These people are shameless predators...

Howard Smith (845)239-3431

Ge Money Bank Customer Care

Ge Money Bank - GE Money closed my account with no warning! GOOD STANDING ACCT!

They closed my care Credit account with no warning or letter or phone call and I tried to use the card after the fact and was denied! GE Money was very rude when I FINALLY got ahold of someone in customer service after 5 phone calls, and then I was told it was their descretion to whom they offered credit to and we didn't have a good enough rating to keep this account with them! I was never late in payments and made well over the monthly payment! I would not ever use this company again. I feel all they are out to do is ruin credit, not help creditors! BAD COMPANY!

I had the same situation happen for me with GEMB and their CareCredit Card in July 09. Card was paid off under the 1 yr free interest, had no balance for almost 2 yrs, never got letter that it was closed and went to use it for my dogs surgery and told no good.

Well I didn't have the amount necessary for the dogs surgery and this was a bad way to find out and embarressing as well. Fortunately my vet let me make payments.

Guy on phone said to just reapply and of course they denied me, *** they had just closed it without my notice why would they give me card right back. I was very disappointed with this card company.

GE Money closed my account with no warning and everything was pay on time and up to dated. Now GE money say I owe them money. So I had to pull all my check stub/Bank statements to prove that I didn't owe them money.

I am also an unhappy GEMB customer. I received a letter informing that my credit limit was decreased.

I called and asked why and was informed that my credit report was being monitored and they made the decision based on information from the credit bureau. I have never been late on any thing on my credit report.

Iinturn closed the three accounts that I had with them. Just in case you didn't know there are penalties for either closing and/or decreasing credit limits.

GE did not alert me of notice to close account in pleasant manner, made no sense as my account was paid in full, payments made. I was planning to make major appliance purchase; will not SET foot in LOWES store, GE was TACK-EE and SORR-EE, my turn to write THEM a letter.Gloria Viera El Paso, TX

View more comments (3)