Another pissed customer of GE Money Bank

I tried for almost 2 months to sell the vehicle I financed. People just didn't want the hassle of trusting someone to send money to the bank and do the sale without a title. I finally gave up and was going to do a voluntary surrender. Low and behold the date the payment is due a get a buyer who is willing to do what needs to be done. I call the bank and explain the situation and ask for a pay off. She tells me since my payment is due today if I do not make it I have to add $39.99 to the pay off!! I asked them to waive it. They refused stating they have done so once or twice before. I explained to them that the benefit of waiving the fee will get them paid off in full instead of a voluntary surrender. Still refused. These people are idiots. They will cut off their noses to spite their face. I am judgement proof on permanent disability. They cannot collect a dime if I turned it in and I explained I had to file BK for financial reasons. They still refuse! I will never do business with them in anyway shape or form. I will tell all my friends of my experiences as well. In closing, not waiving a lousy $39.99, could cost them thousands. Great management GE Money. That's why there are so many complaints about them here and in other places.
Loss

Ge money bank abuse and terrible customer service financial scam

A year ago I purchase a ring for $3,800 with a 12 month promotion of 0% interest. After the original term I was to be charged 29%. I made all of my payments on time and far above the minimum. After a year I had the balance down to under $1,400. At the end of the promotion they charged me interest for the original $3,8000 for 12 months which equivocated to $870. My husband called called GE Moneybank custerm service and they stated that we would have had only a 4 day grace period to cover the whole amount. We DID have the whole amount we COULD have paid. They also stated that they went out of there way to contact us about the grace period ending and the pending charge. We received no mail parcel or phone calls. It goes to show that Credit Card companies are out to confuse you to rip you off. Had I known this from day one, I clearly would have paid this off last month. Where can I file a complaint about this unethical practice?
Nicole

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 092911_pc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

GE Capital

Ge Money Bank - Great Experience with Care Credit

Read the rules/instruction people. I have used the care several times - Lasik Eye Surgery (twice - daughter and myself), dental work, and at the vet for my dog. If you follow the rules and pay off the card in the time allowed - it is interest free. If you don't pay off in the time allowed - you owe interest for the entire amount - simple. I have always paid off the card and never had to pay interest. Each statement shows you when the balance has to be paid by to avoid interest - once again - simple. This gives you plenty of notice and if you see that you cannot pay the balance by that time frame, then you have ample time to borrow elsewhere to pay this balance and avoid high interest. I will use this company again as I appreciate the loan of interest free money.

Verified Reviewer

Ge Money Bank - Another GE scam, they made error in account

I had a 6 month no interest loan, paid in full in 3 months. Due to unauthorized access to my bank account GE was sent a questionnaire from my bank. Since the account was marked paid in full GE ignored the bank's questionnaire so the final payment was rescinded by the bank. After 18 months GE discovered they were missing a payment. They indicated the wrong month and ignored my bank statements. It took another year of correspondence before they were able to determine what payment was missing. After that was settled they refused my offer to pay, immediately and demanded $600 for the $200 payment. They refused to allow me to speak to a manager numerous times, they ignored my letters and did not respond. Finally I sent a letter to the corporate CEO and he, too, ignored the letter. It went to collection and when I sent copies of correspondence to collection agency they returned the account to GE and would not take a settlement. This is the only derogatory statement in my credit file which they keep listing. They are crooks, thieves and scam artists and should be sued but the cost of that is more than it is worth to do so. I did not need the credit but I did need the credit reference as I had nothing active at the time. Now my credit is worse than it was! LAST WEEK THERE WAS A POST FROM GE CUSTOMER SERVICE LADY THAT OFFERED TO SETTLE A PROBLEM THAT WAS LISTED. i CANNOT FIND THAT POST OR THE ADDRESS SHE GAVE. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THAT LADY'S ADDRESS. Thank You.
susy

you can dispute online. go to a free credit reporting site and dispute.

say you didnt get a bill.. i had 2 or 3 bad statements taken off of my credit record that way.

isnt it a shame people can just post up your bad credit without any kind of judicial order? they should have a judgement to this, they should have to prove you owe.

Nicole

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 080811

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Phillip W

You were lucky, this time. People I spoke with didn't have the authority to accept my full paymwent and, of course, there was never an available supervisor. My next move is to sue them for credit fraud and harassment and for false statements in my credit report.

I got a Belk' affinity card from GE Money Bank. the store clerk offered me a substantial discount for applying.

The card arrived in about 10 days, but but 35 days I had still not recieved any bill.

I called the number on the back of the card and heard my statement. I was already late and the had charged $35 in late fees, which, of course was more than I had initially saved. I hit zero to speak to a real person who said "Your statement was returned as undeliverable". Not only had it been returned that fast, and resent and return that fast, but she knew instantly what the story was.

She did remove the charges as I had paid what I thought I should owe electronically, But I have to wonder if this is their way of making back their intraductory discount. I will not be using that card again.

View more comments (3)

GE Money bank scam

I received a loan by G.E. Money Bank for my motorcycle purchased from a local dealer; everything went well for about a year. I shortly got annoyed of sending checks to their business on time and they send me notifications of "late charges" because my payment wasn't received on time or, receiving notifications of "non payment". So I call, and they state they did not receive my payment. So, I go to my bank and ask them to generate my statement report showing G.E. Money cashed the check on the date my payment was due. I faxed G.E. Money this proof, they did not reduce my penalties what so ever for their mistake. So then, I arrange for direct withdrawal and received a confirmation for this action with the specific date in which it will be automatically deducted from my account. 4 months later, I receive a notice of repo. I then call G.E. Money and ask what is the issue. They stated that they have not received a payment in 4 months, and I owe $627.04 in late charges and penalties on top of the 4 months regular payments. I told them to take the bike, I am annoyed with them. 1 year later, I hear from a collections agency. Many threats were made to sue me for the outstanding bill owed (18722.00) almost 10,000 more then I owed. I told them to come get the bike, but they wanted nothing of the sort. Only after I paid an attorney 1000.00, he talked to the collections agency and was able to bring that down to 6,000 owed. Needless to say, I got a different loan from a more reasonable company for the negotiated balance. I will not do business with this company again, and I recommend everyone take caution if they do.
#320455

I don't understand why these people are still in business. Why the collections agency and finance company's are not limited on the things and ways which are managed to collect debits and process loans.

We the people of the United States will need to be more careful of the steps we take to better our lives. There is more danger here then people with guns, or threats of violence, at least more then often, we see that danger coming or/and could prevent such danger. I would rather battle someone with a gun, or knife then do business with GE Money bank.

Our financial lives are at stake, which could lead to bigger problems in our lives then law suits against "US" the consumer. Could you imagine yourself homeless, living on the streets because of that business?

#320395

They are schiesters. I got a loan for my funiture.

They said the credit would not go through for the amount I needed so they "tore up" the first application and created one with my husband and I on it which supposedly went through...it didn't take too long to figure out that they were sending us 2 bills with 2 finance charges and adding a late charge to one of them. They charged us over $400 before we figured out what was happening to us. We had to refinance our house to include the furniture payoff because they would not combine the bill!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! :(

#320394

They are schiesters. I got a loan for my funiture.

We had to refinance our house to include the furniture payoff because they would not combine the bill! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

#319813

ok

#319364

well, sarcasm. Un like you I do not live in a perfect world.

I wish you all the best in the perfect debit world, I’m sure your an overly obese individual with nothing more to do then read other peoples problems.

Again, I wish you the best, and with best regards, I hope you choke on that chicken wing in which you had the extra large bucket of wings delivered to your residence. =-)

#319310

I cant believe it, a collections agency just because you didn't pay a whole year, come on!!

View more comments (5)
Loss

Ge Money Bank - Ripped Off!!!!

Ge Money Bank is a finance co., never ever use them for loans or anything else what so ever!I had an initial loan for $7000 had a balance left of $3075 called them for a payoff amount.Guess what?Still $3075, no cut in intrest for paying the loan off early.Yet each and every month i got hit with intrest (which is to be expected).But they would'nt cut any intrest for paying the loan off almost 2 years early! Whatever you borrow is what you'll pay back!Even after all intrest has been paid! Don't ever deal with these "LEGAL CROOKS" if you do... believe me you'll regret it!!!!!!!

-The full name associated with the account

-Mailing address associated with the account

-Your contact phone number

-Reference code DM072611

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email

Ge Money Bank Loan

Ge Money Bank - Need Help ASAP Please!!

GEMoneybank holds the title to my husband's motorcycle! We will be moving out of state at the end of August. We NEED to sell this bike, but GE states my husband has NO account with them, even though they get a payment EVERY month for the loan! We have to pay this off and get the title NOW! Months of phone calls to them, with no results! PLEASE, if anyone can help us we would greatly appreciate it! DO NOT take ANY type of loan from GE Moneybank, EVER!!!!!! No matter how desperate you get, GO ELSEWHERE for you loan!
#1196094

Good Day,

Are you in need of financial assistance? Have you thought of obtaining a loan?

Probably you have been turned down by your local banks in quest of getting a loan.

Search no further, we are currently offering long and short term loans to the public at large. We can help you with a loan at a very low interest rate.Email us Now zumaloans@mail.com or zumaloans@gmail.com

In a word, wow!! I can't believe the funds are in my account already.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made what is usually a long, drawn out and intimidating chore into a very pleasant and streamlined experience. I can't thank you and Mr. Franklin Loans enough.

Mr. Franklin Loans for the terrific system, and you for the wonderful service.

You are both quite awesome! I would do business with them again and would recommend them to anyone, so if you want their offer you can contact them franklin_smith@outlook.com

Kimberly, NV

My name is Breezy Medi, am here to testify to the world on how i got my loan of $100,000.00 from Sydney Ethan who works at SGR Marketers Company. If you need a loan of any kind, just contact SGR Marketers for a safe and secured loan via Email: Sgrmarketers@gmail.com

Hello my name are Mrs Mary Brown,I saw your message online

requesting for a genuine private loan lender online.

I will advice you to be very careful because most lenders

online are fake she have two you can see that she a

responsible lady, i will advice you contact this lender

were i got my loan of $720,000.00usd from due to the

company good services, i have decided to spread the news

to honest people searching for loan.

I have been introduce by a good friend of mine who get her

loan from the company, if you want to testify this company

good services.

For your own good, do contact them for a legit loan.

vivianfinancials@gmail.com

vivian_financials@yahoo.com

Mary Brown

Attn,

Welcome to Mrs Ruthel Palmer Financial House as part of its welfare

package is offering a floating loan at 3% interest rate .This is to

help individuals,Student and companies reach their financial

objectives any interest one should contact us VIA Email:ruthel.palmers34@hotmail.com

Please, provide us with the following:

Full Name,2)Home

Address,3)Phone,4)Mobile,6)

Country,7)Occupation,8)Sex,9) Age,10)Amount

Needed, 11)Monthly Income,12)Loan Duration,Loan Purpose

Best Regard

Mrs Ruthel Palmer

#320412

GE Money is a loan shark company who will stab you in the finances at every blink of the eye. If you want to know who holds the title...file for a lost title with the state.

You will either get a clear title due to no response or you will get the lienholders name, address, and phone number. Hope this helps.

I have sent u my husbands contact number. Pleae let me know if u do not receive it. Thank you!

I am with GE and will try to help direct you to the right area for this. Please send your contact phone number to creditcardhelp@ge.com so I can have a specialist reach out to you directly.

Thank you for this info. The credit report shows GE Money as the loan holder.

They are saying the loan was sold as stated in my email. My husband never received notification that the loan was sold.

So. You can understand our frustration!

In one of your previous emails, it states you were told the account was sold to another company. Did you go delinquent on this account at any time?

If so, if might have been sold to a collection agency. Once an account is sold, the selling company no longer carries information on your account, and you do have to deal with the company it was sold to. Plus, you should have been notified of this change by mail. To confirm which new company holds the loan, you can pull a free copy of your credit bureau report (annualcreditreport.com) on line very quickly, and see who is reporting you on this loan.

The contact information for the loan company who has the loan will be on the free credit report. Hope this helps.

View more comments (9)
Ge Money Bank Loan

Ge Money Bank - GeMoneyBank...what a joke!

Ive been paying on this loan for 6 years now...I get the statements and it seems that I owe more now than when I started???? Also, I got married and closed me old checking acct. and got a new one. I've payed my Gemoneybank bill online for 6 years...no problems until I put in the new checking acct. number...now 3 times in a row it defaults back to the old acct. Then a month later I get a call from (who knows where), saying I owe a double payment...Ive tried calling to resolve this issue, and never do I get a real person..automated system that is no help at all!! I guess this card will never get paid off at this rate! Get some real customer service if you are going to run a business!

GE Money Bank Fraud Activity

This is the most horrible financial group I have ever delt with I will make sure I never do buisness with these crooks ever again. I have a 0% interest loan with havertys who used CITI Bank when GE Money bought out Citi Banks Loans, GE Money purposly and Fraudulently created a condition that apears that I was plus 30 days becouse I had auto pay to citi bank, when I refused to pay late fees on payments that went to Citi Bank on time with my auto pay GE Money started hammering my credit. To this day they are still hitting my credit negatively as 30 days late and what makes this pathetic is when I call the automated system it tells me my next payment is not due untill 2 weeks from now. Does any one know how to report this Fraudulet activity to the apropriate people like FDIC or Federal Trade Commision? They have caused a drop in my credit by 46 points. GE Money Bank credit reporting department had a " Go *** in Your Hand Attitude" after my 3rd call so as I see it the only way to get thier attention is thru reporting this or Class Action Law Suit.

Same here, these guys are crooks. I usually pay all my bills on the 1st of the month to make it easier to track what I'm paying in bills each month.

I have a good relationship with my other credit card companies, and while some bills are due 2 or 3 days before the 1st, they give a 5 day grace period, and I have never had to pay a late fee with my other credit card companies because by the 1st of the month they are paid off in full.

With GeMoney however they don't give any grace period. I was given a promotional period of 0% interest for 12 months for $480 in dental work. Instead of paying them off in full like I usually do, I would give them $50/month since with the 0% interest it makes no difference paying it all off now or spread over the next 9 months or so. My payments are due on the 27th of each month.

I received my first bill the first of July and I immediately paid them I paid them $50 on the 9th, another $50 on July 23. And then another $50 on August 1st. I'm thinking I'm good until September in which I had already scheduled another $50 on the 1st, but apparently, I STILL had a payment due on August 27th, because I paid my August statement "too early". So of course I'm slapped with a $25 late fee, regardless of the fact I already made 3 payments in 2 months.

This is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever heard.

Never in my life have I dealt with a company that punishes responsible customers. I have a good mind to just pay the bill off and cancel my card completely because a company that punishes customers for paying too early does not deserve anyone's business.

They finally went back and credited the money they ripped me off and added to the equity of the loan. They also went back and changed my credit to good standing.

:upset In a world like today I was one of the lucky saps that unbeknown to me...because I paid attention to the account summary on the website was being slammed with late fee's every month for months now...... and then finally slammed with a double payment saying I was a month behind. Cleverly I found out I was one of the "*** Few" Who chose to actually pay our bills and then had the gull to pay them early.....Next I expect to be takin out and hung...or worse.....I guess I should just not pay at alll maybe they would prefer I go bankrupt?????????Let's se they get $$$00000000

This is exactly what happened to me-paid too early. The 0% interest rate turned to 30% and they charged me $500 on top of that.

The absolute worst company EVER! They hung up on me when I voiced my opinion of their corrupt practices. I cancelled the card immediately.

The Worst!!!!!!! Also, stopped going to the dentist that recommended a card from that company.

You may be paying too early!!!this happened to me and they told me I was paying too early!! I was paying on the 5th of the month.If you pay before the 7th of the month or after the 28th there will be a late fee.I had never heard of any place doing this but evidentally this is their way of tricking people into paying "Late Fees" When I get them paid off this is the last I will ever deal with this bunch of thieves.

Nicole

I'm sorry for your experience. We'd like to assist with your concern. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

-The full name associated with the account

-Mailing address associated with the account

-Your contact phone number

-Reference code DM061511HF

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email

View more comments (5)
$2000

Ge Money Bank - Failed to send title

I paid my motorcycle loan with Ge money bank off early and awaited my title, after 30 days I called them and they told me they mailed it. I told them it was not received and was told too bad they sent it. I was informed that my mail must be bad. However i always received their statements each month. I was told that they would send a satisfaction of lien to me, but i would have to pay 80 dollars to get a title reissued. I paid for a title at the time of purchase why should i pay again. I received the satisfaction in 3 days, so obviously my mail was fine. So it seems they did not want to have to pay for the title even tho i paid up front for it. My calls to a supervisor went unanswered. am i wrong in thinking if i sent them a payment and it didn't get there they would say i didn't pay but by their logic i sent it so tough.

I called the GE customer service number and received my payoff amount via automated system with no trouble. You may try the automated system rather than an actual account rep.

My husband has been trying to get a pay off amount on his motorcycle loan, WITH NO SUCCESS! He's spent hours on the phone only to be transferred to numerous numbers and then to be told that they have no record of his account!

His attorney sent them a letter six weeks ago, and still no response! Do you have a contact number/person that is NOT in some foreign country that we might try?????

View more comments (1)