GE Money Bank Bait and Switch

I have come to the conclusion, that my whole problem was as the result of a "bait and switch" scheme. I have obtained another application for the Chevron/Texaco cards, and no where does the application state that if you are deferred from the Visa, you may get the station card. I received a letter after 32 days, giving the reasons for my deferral. They were (A) Too few recently established credit accounts, (B) To few installment loans with loan amount of $10,000 or more, and (C) To few open revolving credit accounts. Customer service told me conflicting things. One person told me I had to many credit lines. Another told me I needed to re-open my Chevron/Texaco station account and allow them to draw interest on the account, but always pay some of the bill on time. I closed the account due to run around and vague answers to my questions. One other things all people should know, all credit decisions and correspondence discussing credit issues must be done via U.S. Postal service. This is one of the new credit laws that recently went into effect. Don't expect to discuss things on the phone or via email any more. All they can tell you is you were approved or declined, nothing more.
Thomas G

Thanks. I have received a letter from your headquarters in Utah.

I don't think there is anything else you could do at this time. I do find it interesting that I have received no reply to any of the three letters I have sent via the U S Postal service.

I did get a letter from Andrea, and she told me pretty much the same thing all the others have told me. I have pretty much given up at having the issue resolved to my satisfaction.

I am with GE and sorry to read you were not pleased with the service you received and have outstanding questions. Please send your contact phone number to creditcardhelp@ge.com so I can have a specialist reach out to you directly.

- RCF Communications

View more comments (1)

Ge Money Bank - GE Money - Australia

I thought that only I was having heaps of issues with GE Money. It seems like I cam certainly not alone. Have been having problems with this "vulture" mob for so many years now and have no where else to turn!!! I took out a loan (via refinancing) about 5 years ago with a mortgace broker (YES Home loans) and somewhere along the way, the loans trusteeship ended up with GE Money. I have been having problems ever since. I am now repaying the loan at an interest rate of 9.8% or thereabouts (the market at the moment is around 7.5%). No amount of pleading or anything has worked. Moreover, I am stuck with these guys because post GFC the banks have now tightened up and refuse to refinance the loan and the LMI is excessively prohibitive. I thought us 'poor folk' in Australia are immunce to the clutches and greed of the BIG multinationals, but obviously I was very wrong!! One word of advice to anybody that would care to listen......if it is GE Money, take your business elsewhere!! an aussie battler (more than happy to supply more detail if needed!!!)

Ge Money Bank - Lost payoff

As November 18, 2010 I own to GEmoney $12935.23 and I have money for payoff. I call GEmoney and ask to payoff my balance; there was surprise when I have been told than payoff is just $6525.53. I give my bank information, received confirmation number and think than all is offer. Next month I received statement again so I call GEmoney and this time I was told than I own $6409.70 without discussion I pay what thy ask me but start checking online my account information. My account shows last payment of $6409.70 but there was missing my first payment $6525.53. So I call again give all information and have been ask to fax statement from my bank with payment. I faxed and few days later call again and have been told than my balance is zero, I even received statement with balance zero. One month later I received another statement with balance of $6525.53. I call again spoke with very rude person which hang-up on me. On February 14 I wrote to GEmoney Customer Service and received from them confirmation but in men time I received letter from collection company and GEmoney ruin my credit. On April 1, 2011 I call GEmoney have been pass 8 times to different person and finally have been told than in January I did purchase for $6525.53.

i'M THINKING YOU OBVIOUSLY WERE CONFUSED SINCE YOU DON'T SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH. NEXT TIME HAVE SOMEONE ELSE HELP YOU.

Those may have been encoding on the first payment. Call and ask if it was. If they ask for a cancelled check, it's only the verify what you're saying is correct.

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 030411_wm

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Money

View more comments (2)

Ge Money Bank - LOAN PAID OFF BUT 3 YEARS LATER, STILL NO TITLE

In 2006, I went down to the local Honda motorcycle dealership and purchased two Honda 400cc ATV's. In April of 2008, I paid the loan off which was through GE Money Bank. I have yet to receive the Title on both vehicles. I finally was able to track down the Customer Service number for GE Money Bank (877-317-5544) and called them today...16 Feb 2011. I spoke with "Mr. Kevin Smith," who advised that this was his business name...it was obvious that this was not his true birth name but this was not the point. The point being that he said the Title had been sent on 10-10-2008 which I never received. Now I am waiting...again. I recommend that any financial institution anyone uses to obtain an auto loan, stay away from GE Money Bank. Absolutely the worst customer service!!
#1198908

I am having the same issue. Did you finally get the title? If so, how were you able to do so?

Eoghan

What ever you do DO NOT have any dealings with SYNCHRONY BANK that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed their name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank.

You can go to Rip-Off Report #1140625 where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank, which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3-minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes. It is a video with the comments made along with very important information on why they put your account “Overdue” days before it is actually due & then charge you late fees amongst other things.

You can also do this on your cell phone there are no stops in the video when watched on your cell phone.

I have/had two loans with this company. My first was for a Yamaha Kokiak 400 (quad).

I paid it off and still have not recieved the title. They said the same thing. We sent it out! No they didn't send it or else I would have it.

No I am nearing the end of my second loan with them for my piano. Can't wait to see if I ever get that title.

@PissedConsumer393944

View more comments (3)
ID
#222059 Review #222059 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ge Money Bank - G.E. money bank ripoff

Please DO NOT have anything to do with Care Credit or G.E. money bank-- Got a 870.00 loan have been paying over my payment amount-never missed a payment - never late for 29 months my bal. is 830.00. Called customer service 3 times they can't speak english well enough to even understand what I am talking about.I would like to join any lawsuit towards this company!!!!!!! I have 4 other credit cards and never missed a payment or been late. While my credit is not perfect it is not bad. This place is worse then title loans!!

GE Money Bank

I have paid off my account to GE Money Bank the charge total was 309.00. Paid in full. I now find out GE is adding more money to my account EVEN THO IT IS CLOSED AND PAID IN FULL because they state that it did not get to their office and get processed until after the time limit. speaking to foreigners who are from Islamic background is a nightmare as they are always right in their eyes. And since they have all of my information they can ruin my credit. They are arogant and I am never allowed to speak with a Supervisor who can speak English, real English words. I now owe more. This company took my check on which it was the last 9.00 payment and destroyed that check and I am unable to find it anywhere. Even the Federal Reserve Check 21 does not have it. So it is my work against GE that they received it on time and the account is closed and paid in full. How can a person get help on this issue. Also in fine print on another type of business they told me that if you do not call ahead by one month to get the payoff they will continue charging interest and penalties. Also if you try to pay it by phone they charge you 15.00 extra as does GE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR NATION???

money hungry

ID
#209513 Review #209513 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Ge money bank lied about helping out.

It is a shame one of the wealthiest companies on earth has to lie, cheat and steal for money. after falling behind on payments on a loan, due to health and job loss problems, i contacted GE Money bank to see if we could renegotiate a loan, not a credit card. Was not trying to lessen amount, just the monthly payment. I was told if i made a payment of 775.00, they would reduce my monthly payment to 110 dollars, to be pulled automatically out of a checking account. I gave them the info and permission. They took the 775. i then got a call 3 weeks later, telling me i would be owing them 445 dollars in 2 weeks. When i bought up the previous arrangement, they had no record of it. I then asked if they could tell me what my payments monthly would be. 3 people could not tell me, instead coming up with some wacky formula based on some things they could not explain. I am not trying to get out of paying, just asking to extend the loan, but they seem to want all the money as fast as possible. It is a shame that one of the wealthiest companies in the world have to treat people trying to pay thier way so hard. I would love to know what they got out of the bailout.

GE Money is disgusting.They design their bill so that you dont notice that your promotional deferred interest is about to expire..if they were decent they would alert you in a manner that draws attention on the bill one or two months before... instead the information is difficult to understand, see...they need to post a big red exclamation warning on the bill the month or two before that expiration date.I wasnt even aware that I had one of these deferred interest accounts from that disgusting store Sleepy's who I had to fight with the CEO of that disgusting company who failed to replace a defective bed that I bought for my elderly parents.

I owed all of $250.00 from an original bill of $1400.00 paid faithfully and because I didnt see the January 9th expiration to pay the final $250.00 off, GE MOney grub Bank charged me $204.00 additional dollars Now I owe $404.00 instead of the final $250.00.. GE disgusting bank should redesign their billing statement so that you dont miss this crucial information instead it looks so generic all I see is the remaining balance.

How many millions of dollars are they making on people who dont understand or miss this information because of the way they design their bill? They are evil deceitful, mean spirited, unethical hated.If there is a Higher Power I have no idea why it lets these evil people get away with this and all the other evil people who are getting away with the worst sinful behavior

ID
#204554 Review #204554 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ge Money Bank - Will ruin your credit score

YES, I HAD A LOAN WITH GE MONEY BANK ALSO, I LOST MY JOB TRIED TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THE SITUATION BUT THEY DID NOTHING TRYING TO ASSIST ME. I PAID WHAT I COULD AND STILL HAVE AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE. THEY CALL 24/7, TELL YOU ABOUT HARDSHIP PLAN, AND TACK ALL THE INTEREST AND OUTSTANDING BALANCE RIGHT BACK ON TOP OF YOU BEFORE THE PAYMENT REACH THEM, AND STILL RUIN YOUR CREDIT. THEY DON'T TRY TO HELP YOU IN LOWERING YOUR INTEREST. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP IN THIS FRUALDULANT SITUATION, BECAUSE PEOPLE NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT GE MONEY BANK. HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

they do same over here in Europe! As I plan to emmigrate to AU, it is good to know, they are not worth a visit, when opening up all needed in AU.

I want to sue those pieces of ***

This bank is the WORST BANK ever!!! They took my credit score from excellent to poor in about 8 months!

I am furious that the company that had us take a loan from them even suggested it! "Do you know how difficult it is for businesses to find banks to take loans for us?" was the answer I got. GE Money Bank should be shut down and totally taken out of the list of lenders!

Pass the word along! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD bank!!!!!!

HORRIBLE BANK! Should be shut down for fraud and all the employees should be jobless for stealing money.

RUDE, RUDE, RUDE! Do not do business with them. They also are used by ABC warehouse. Asked to open an interest free account at time of purchase.

Made all my payments on time and they charged an ridiculous amount of interest which they would not ***. Talked to 2 representatives and they were both rude and did not solve the problem.

Closed out the account and got rid of them. Do not use this bank.

#203934

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM102510

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Money

View more comments (4)
ID
#204121 Review #204121 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ge Money Bank Loan

Ge Money Bank - Charging me for a credit card, outragoius interest!

I got these people thru my dentists office, they are a nightmare to deal with. You cant call them, theyve charged me 271 this month in interest on a $1000 loan(not credit card) which they keep insisting I have. Ofcourse Im not making purchases, this is a loan only. They never send me statements on what Ive paid. Cant talk to live person. Contacted FTC, dont know what else to do. My dental office I feel is partly responsable, they were greedy talked me into extra work, told me I neede to take a 1000 loan cause this company didnt do smaller loans!
#203495

The same thing happened to me Ive been paying this *** since 2007 this bill they charged me 165.00 for a Promotional Fee/ Intrest fee WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? My local news said that a scam was taking place with guess who?

GE MONEY BANK!!!I called and asked what the promotional fee meant and the girl could only say over and over" Yes I understand" you understand what I replied?

I asked to speak to someone in charge I was on hold for ever and than hung up on!!!!!! I'm going to try legal action because there are soooo many complaints including mine...you cant understand their statements and I cant stand when hard working people get robbed

ID
#203319 Review #203319 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ge Money Bank Loan

Ge Money Bank - Incorrect information to credit agencies. Killing my credit score.

I took a carecredit loan for $500.00 on June of 2006. GEMoneybank sold this loan to Arrow Financial in January of 2007. I PAID THIS LOAN IN FULL to Arrow (who--DID own the loan now) in May of 2007. On my credit report, gemoneybank says that I owe THAM $950.00!!! The loan was only for $500.00 and they sold it to someone else! They REFUSE to take this off of my credit report because they say that I never paid them! Why would I pay gemoneybank, when they sold the loan to someone else? And I paid it in full! I have letters from Arrow saying that I owe nothing! Yet, gemoenybank says I owe $950.00 on a $500.00 loan! Damage Resulting This is keeping my credit score at a point where interest rates are higher and at times, impossible to get even a car loan! Everything else on my credit score is perfect. This is killing it!
#193524

copy the paid off notice and send it to each of the credit bureaus requesting to have it expunged and explain that ge credit is trying to claim it was not paid. i did that with a credit card then they canxelled my card but allowed me to pay it off at the lower rate that i had started it with.

ID
#199776 Review #199776 is a subjective opinion of poster.